What power points, USB etc are in your Queen Elizabeth Balcony Cabin

asdf1245

I'm rusty with traveling overseas thanks to Covid.

We're traveling on the Queen Elizabeth in 3 weeks time.   What type of power points does the QE 

have in its balcony cabins???   Also are there any power points on either side of the bed.   USB what 

type and where???

We're from Australia, our power point system is rather different to the rest  of the world.   Hence the need

for a couple of adaptors.

Many thanks for any advice.

This is the configuration of a QV Balcony cabin and I would say it's identical in QE from my recollection. There isn't anything by the bed(s) other than the light switches. These sockets are at the back of the table next to the kettle (etc).  I am not sure of the status/voltage of the socket on the right. So you will at least need a Australia to either of Europe / UK / USA's sockets, and ideally an adapter which has a USB socket built in - some have a soft blue light so you know that the source socket has juice. 

IMG_20230425_161523.jpg

• Like 1

Confirmed that QE's power point configuration is the same as QV.  The right side US power point in @Pushpit's photo is also 115v.  There are no Australia/NZ power points anywhere on the ship.  We need adaptors to US/UK/Europe.

There is a USB on the TV screen which is mounted on the bulkhead wall, but it is a low power USB and there isn't a shelf for placing a phone or tablet.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 12:11 AM, Pushpit said:

This is the configuration of a QV Balcony cabin and I would say it's identical in QE from my recollection. There isn't anything by the bed(s) other than the light switches. These sockets are at the back of the table next to the kettle (etc).  I am not sure of the status/voltage of the socket on the right. So you will at least need a Australia to either of Europe / UK / USA's sockets, and ideally an adapter which has a USB socket built in - some have a soft blue light so you know that the source socket has juice. 

IMG_20230425_161523.jpg

Thank you, off to get some US Australia Adapters, I'll grab the Euro Australia Adapter as well, you can never have enough power nowadays between phones, laptops et al.

1 hour ago, asdf1245 said:

Thank you, off to get some US Australia Adapters, I'll grab the Euro Australia Adapter as well, you can never have enough power nowadays between phones, laptops et al.

Get an adaptor and take a power board - problem solved!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I know the original question was to a balcony cabin but for those interested there is a bonanza of outlets in this stateroom. Cabin 1002, Oceanview on QE, has the standard arrangement over the desk and goes on with 4 UK plugs over the sofa, 2 UK plugs next to the bed and 2 more UK plugs at the foot of the bed beneath the TV.

PXL_20230728_021811682.jpg

PXL_20230728_021759217.jpg

PXL_20230728_021824619.jpg

PXL_20230728_021843419.jpg

• Like 3