Nassau cruise port construction

1kaper

The construction will definitely be ongoing for some time…Along with the street and walk update, they are adding a new stage and cover, new “mini” straw market, and a restaurant/bar on the point which may open next week…

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

From what we saw 2 weeks ago construction will be going on for awhile. It is very disruptive between the dock and Pompey Square, but it looks like it will be worth it when completed. The new restaurant and bar inside the dock area was expected to be open now..,

I was surprised when I saw the opening was still this month but there is a big push to get this done. 

They want to become the world busiest cruise port.  Looks like this will be another port to add to the avoid list.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 12:58 PM, fred30 said:

I was surprised when I saw the opening was still this month but there is a big push to get this done. 

They want to become the world busiest cruise port.  Looks like this will be another port to add to the avoid list.

It was already “that” port, IMHO... Similar to Cozumel in that unless you want a beach with zero amenities, there just isn’t any way to escape the mega-crowd you are a part of with so many ships in port…

We’ve avoided cruising to Nassau for years, I know others do as well, or just stay on the ship if it has to be part of the itinerary. But we did very much enjoy a recent two-week vacation there.Two very different worlds I will say (visiting by cruise ship vs land). The people who live here are very warm and welcoming. And you have time to explore Eleuthera and other Out Islands if that interests you. Highly recommend a land visit - short flights from the east coast of the US, and after visiting and wintering in Mexico for 20+ years, it’s nice to have the English language and $USD!

Edited by blue_water
Typo