Live Report- Norwegian Star May 11th-21st 2023. Is this my last time on a small ship?

10 hours ago, trump said:

Re: tender: What if you have an NCL shore excursion that starts at 8:00am in a tender port?  Are there special provisions made for this situation (vs. the pick up your number the night before) ?? 

10 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

NCL shore excursions trump everyone, they get you off as a group.

No need for a number, they handle it all.

Right, the Shore staff takes you straight to the front of the line for the tender.

• Like 1

On the last day of my Sept cruise we arrive in Southampton at 5:00 am.  Would a 9:15 am flight from Southampton airport be doable???  Do you recall what time they started letting passengers off Star? 

11 minutes ago, trump said:

On the last day of my Sept cruise we arrive in Southampton at 5:00 am.  Would a 9:15 am flight from Southampton airport be doable???  Do you recall what time they started letting passengers off Star? 

The announcements started at 6.45 am so I am sure you will have time to get to the airport and check in, with good time to spare. You can make sure the ship knows you want an early start. If you take all your luggage with you, you can get off first. 

Edited by ConnieTact

6 hours ago, trump said:

Just got off the Star this Morning.   First groups off started at 6am sharp today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2023 at 12:57 PM, ConnieTact said:

We had the Blarney and cork so I’m not sure. Hopefully someone may come along and post about it here. 
if I bump into anyone who did that tour I will ask them- to be sure! 

Just got back.  We booked through Paddytours and have 3.5 hrs at blarney castle and 1.5 hrs at Kinsale.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Married90 said:

Just got off the Star this Morning.   First groups off started at 6am sharp today.

Be grateful if you could confirm the drinks situation,  as well as return to full service if  they are adding taxes or other charges.

3 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Be grateful if you could confirm the drinks situation,  as well as return to full service if  they are adding taxes or other charges.

No bars closed outside of normal hours.  Never charged any taxes in ports.   Had a drink in my hand 15 minutes after boarding in Southampton.  Same for Belfast.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Married90 said:

No bars closed outside of normal hours.  Never charged any taxes in ports.   Had a drink in my hand 15 minutes after boarding in Southampton.  Same for Belfast.

Great thanks,

the last report I saw here was charges but that had no reference to where that information came from.

7 hours ago, news2me said:

Thanks for this great trip summary. I will be on this ship in July - first time as a solo cruiser!

Thank you! I enjoy writing them but also they make a great ‘aide memoire’ for me! 
There’s plenty of opportunity to meet people while playing games, and on the dance floor!
I can’t remember about any organised get togethers. I should have kept hold of one of the daily sheets! 
Some people asked to sit alone, but often we were asked if we wanted to share a table in the main restaurant so, that was a good opportunity to meet others.

Also if there is a Roll Call for your trip, there may be a meet up.

I’m sure you’ll have a good cruise.

Where is your itinerary taking you? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Thank you! I enjoy writing them but also they make a great ‘aide memoire’ for me! 
There’s plenty of opportunity to meet people while playing games, and on the dance floor!
I can’t remember about any organised get togethers. I should have kept hold of one of the daily sheets! 
Some people asked to sit alone, but often we were asked if we wanted to share a table in the main restaurant so, that was a good opportunity to meet others.

We kept the daily sheets from the Norwegian Star cruise departing 21 May.

I can see there were daily meet and greet sessions for solo travellers, held at 5.30pm in the Bliss Lounge.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Norwayfan1 said:

We kept the daily sheets from the Norwegian Star cruise departing 21 May.

I can see there were daily meet and greet sessions for solo travellers, held at 5.30pm in the Bliss Lounge.

Thanks so much for adding this. That’s so helpful. 

52 minutes ago, Norwayfan1 said:

No problem. I kept them all, so I'm happy to look up anything else anyone might need. 🙂

Just sorted out my big  pile of the last 9 cruises getting rid of the superfluous sales pages

Tempted to scan everything and chuck out the paper copies that probably won't get looked ever again at after a couple of months.

19 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Thanks for the tips. I'm headed to Iceland and Greenland.

4 hours ago, news2me said:

Thanks for the tips. I'm headed to Iceland and Greenland.

That’s sounds great! I loved Iceland when we went last year and would like to explore the island further. Greenland sounds exciting too. Enjoy your cruise!