Carnival Spirit ship time?

geovet

9 minutes ago, geovet said:

Will the Carnival Spirit stay on Seattle time when in Alaska?

I posted this question on the carnival page but got two different answers. 

Thanks

No.  You will be on Alaska time when in Alaska.

1 hour ago, geovet said:

Will the Carnival Spirit stay on Seattle time when in Alaska?

I posted this question on the carnival page but got two different answers. 

Thanks

Nobody can provide a definitive answer except the ship's Master, as it is at their discretion.

While I am aware some Carnival Masters don't adjust the cloxs to local time, I would expect with only 2 changes on the 1st and last day that you would change to Alaska time for the ports of call. 

13 hours ago, wolfie11 said:

I can't even imagine the chaos if they didn't.  I know!  Let's just use Greenwich Mean Time!

I concur, but I have read multiple examples of Carnival ships staying on ship's time.

When I worked it was unheard of for the ship not to arrive with ship's time being on local time. If the Navigator screwed up and got it wrong, the Master would have reamed out the Navigator.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

I concur, but I have read multiple examples of Carnival ships staying on ship's time.

When I worked it was unheard of for the ship not to arrive with ship's time being on local time. If the Navigator screwed up and got it wrong, the Master would have reamed out the Navigator.

I've done the passage from Japan to Alaska a few times. We changed an hour every day and we had two of the same day.  For some reason Cunard changed at noon.  

9 hours ago, wolfie11 said:

I've done the passage from Japan to Alaska a few times. We changed an hour every day and we had two of the same day.  For some reason Cunard changed at noon.  

The change at Noon E'bd was a group of Cunard/P&O Masters, since they are all assigned from the same UK office.