recommendations for water shoes???

can someone give me a decent brand of water shoes...I'm in search of a pair for myself and my 2 kids (2 and 6). We're taking a family trip to the NJ shore this summer, but DH and I just booked our next cruise this past week and think they'll come in handy then, too. I've had the Wal-Mart brand ones, but looking for something a little more high-quality, but not outrageously priced, either. Would like something with a little more coverage than like a Teva sandal...I like the mesh kind that enclose your entire foot.

Thanks!:)

can someone give me a decent brand of water shoes...I'm in search of a pair for myself and my 2 kids (2 and 6). We're taking a family trip to the NJ shore this summer, but DH and I just booked our next cruise this past week and think they'll come in handy then, too. I've had the Wal-Mart brand ones, but looking for something a little more high-quality, but not outrageously priced, either. Would like something with a little more coverage than like a Teva sandal...I like the mesh kind that enclose your entire foot.

I bought a new kind of water shoe at Walmart this year - they look just like gym shoes without ties, and have a sturdier sole. i think they were around $8-9 ?? I had never seen this kind before, and they fit so well.

I bought a new kind of water shoe at Walmart this year - they look just like gym shoes without ties, and have a sturdier sole. i think they were around $8-9 ?? I had never seen this kind before, and they fit so well.

I just bought this kind as well for my DH and myself, they are so light weight and looks better than a lot of water shoes I have seen, I paid 6.97 for ours. (I read about these shoes on this board) I think we got a good deal on them.

Ok about Teva .. My husband wanted some but didn't want to pay 70+ for them so we searched online and found some really nice one for 29.99 plus shipping which was 35.00 total. When we got them they looked alot better than we thought the retailed at 60.00

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product.aspx?baseno=65768

As far as your kids I picked mine up i n the kids section at Academy and got some nice Sunray Nike mesh material (comes in pink or black) for 16.99. They are so soft and comfortable. Here is a link on how they look.

http://niketown.nike.com/niketown/catalog/pdp.jsp?productId=99038&categoryId=52826&productGroup=99039&CP=SDEX_Sunray_VII_(10c-7y)

Hope this helps!

1448021945_MeNPhil.JPG.27a9fb75dd31cba38a0ba8107b7a777f.JPG

The Lands End water shoes look so nice but we found them to be so uncomfortable. We bought them last year and wore them about 3 times each. This past cruise was the last time we will ever try to wear them as I threw them away while on the ship! Maybe we'll try the cheaper Wal Mart variety.

I found a great pair of black and white Sketchers water shoes. They are more than a sandal but have less coverage than a sneaker. They are very comfortable and have open toes and a snug sling back. I bought them to do river tubing in Mo Bay. I found them at Famous Footwear.

They're called Sea to Shore Sport Shoes & they're $29.50. Well worth the expense. Took them on my cruise last week & wore them everywhere!! Comfy & good support, great for walking in the ports. My feet never hurt once. The colors are fun, too! (Mine are bright yellow!!)

I have Lands' End water shoes, and they're great. I like that they have an adjustable closure instead of just being slip-ons. They're more like tennis shoes, and they stay on well for active water sports.

I'd use them if I was doing an excursion like climbing Dunn's Falls or riding jet skis. If I'm just going to the beach, however, I'd just wear flip-flops; the water shoes aren't exactly the best looking things in my closet.

Archived