Help with hotel status match with MSC and what to do next (mariott and hilton)

Floridagal2213

Hello!  I tried asking on the status match sticky but I didnt get any replies.  I was hoping someone could help me on this. 

I booked a cruise through a travel agent (our first time on MSC).  Only the deposit has been made so far.  I just learned about the status match program but didnt realize we could use Mariott/Hilton!  DH has both but not me.  At first, he applied his American Express platinum membership and was told he could have silver.  After doing a bit more research, I THINK that MSC will give you higher status with Hilton Gold (which he has).  He just "reapplied" to MSC this morning with the Hilton.  

Does anyone know:

1.  Will Hilton Gold be matched to MSC Gold?

2.  Since he already "applied" with his AMEX platinum, will he have any issue changing it to hilton?

3.  Since we will be either gold or silver, can we apply the cruise discount to the current cruise since it technically already booked yet not paid in full?  

I really appreciate anyone who could help!  Thanks!! 

Q2 - I have heard officially that it’s “once and done” but others have mentioned they resubmitted and got a better result.

Q3 - I have been able to get the discount and OBC (if required number of months out) applied after doing the match. 

Good luck!

• Like 1