Carnival Line Dances

MistyRo76

I have only sailed once since the post Covid sailing restart and on that cruise, we didn't do much in the way of any of the typical line dances at the deck parties or anything like that. We are taking our soon-to-be 9 year on a cruise this fall. She doesn't know about it yet, but once we tell her, I thought it would be fun to teach her some of the usual fun line dances before we go! Help to get her excited and feel comfortable doing these dances out on deck with her "old" mom (and maybe we'll even coax dad into participating!). I know the Cupid Shuffle still gets played, but other than that, I'm outta the loop!  So recent cruisers - what line dances are the main go-tos right now on Carnival? 

Hmm, I believe they do the Wobble, Michael Jackson's thriller, and some from the 70s, including the Hustle.  They give classes on the days that will have a performance or deck party with that theme.  So while practicing ahead of time is a good idea, definitely go to the classes.  They are a lot of fun.  

• Like 1

The best part about line dances is that you don't have to know them. 😁 You follow either the dj/cruise or the people that do know them (or both 😆).

But you could introduce her to the CONCEPT of line dancing. When we were on the Panorama in December they had dance lessons during the day on sea days but those lessons got REALLY crowded.  🤷 Maybe your ship will have a better space for them.  But during the deck parties the DJ or the cruise director will call the dance.  They also sometimes get modified to better fit in a crowded deck.

Have fun!

8 minutes ago, deelightfull said:

The best part about line dances is that you don't have to know them. 😁 You follow either the dj/cruise or the people that do know them (or both 😆).

But you could introduce her to the CONCEPT of line dancing. When we were on the Panorama in December they had dance lessons during the day on sea days but those lessons got REALLY crowded.  🤷 Maybe your ship will have a better space for them.  But during the deck parties the DJ or the cruise director will call the dance.  They also sometimes get modified to better fit in a crowded deck.

Have fun!

Thanks! I just thought it would be fun for her to start learning them before hand to make her more comfortable (she has a bit of stage fright! :)) and also to help while away the time before the cruise and keep/get her excited! Thanks for the feedback though!