Does the Spectrum have full Star Class and Genies out of Singapore?

I just booked the Spectrum 5nt cruise from Singapore Feb 12th 2024.

We were on the Spectrum out of Shanghai in 2019 when they had Gold and Silver suites.

General info on Star Class on the RCI website says that a Grand Loft Suite on Spectrum is Star Class

However, the room description itself does not mention this on the RCI website.

Just of note the price for Star Class is very reasonable on the Spectrum. Around £1500 a night in a GLS before any discounts.

I suspect they just have not updated the room description, but anyone could confirm it would be good.

I haven't been able to figure it out either. The gold and silver class seem to either replace or overlap star and sky class, but all I've read regarding silver and gold is in regards to additional dining rooms and reserved space in the solarium. It seems like silver = sky and gold = star. 

I would assume gold/star also have the genie, especially since some of those rooms are priced at an outrageous cost (to me). The ultimate family suite on my sailing is $39,577/person! Grand Suite, $10,462. Owners suite was going for $18,000/person at one point but it's been sold out for a couple months now. 

$7500/person still seems like a lot of money to me for your sailing. Not sure which room you're quoting because on my sailing no room is called "Star class," but different rooms are categorized as star class rooms. $7500 for 5 nights wouldn't be worth it to me. 

On your cruise date RC no longer using Silver and Gold class term. They revert back to Sea, Sky and Star class. No Coastal Kitchen onboard but Sea Class (Jr Suite) can access Silver Lounge & Dining all day, Sky and Star class can access both Silver and Gold Lounge & Dining.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

$7500/person still seems like a lot of money to me for your sailing. Not sure which room you're quoting because on my sailing no room is called "Star class," but different rooms are categorized as star class rooms. $7500 for 5 nights wouldn't be worth it to me. 

£1500 per night is for the cabin not per person. I would say from other bookings that we have been paying closer to £2000+per night for the first two people in a Star Class cabin.

It is actually £7315 total for 3 people, at the moment the third person is only £129. I have booked through Costco which brings the cost down to around £6500 for the 5 nights. If I had enough people to fill the Ultimate Family Suite I would be booking it as the 3-8th people would only be £129 each at the moment which is a fantastic deal. (In fact I might look for something next summer if I can get this kind of pricing)

Interestingly this is the second cruise we have booked where suites are materially cheaper to book in the UK vs the US. We have a Celebrity Apex booking in October this year where US pricing was around 30% higher than UK pricing, this time US pricing is around 10% higher. Historically we have booked via the US usually as it has been cheaper.

I knew that Gold and Silver class had ended, although they still have the dining rooms labeled that way. When we sailed before on Spectrum the GLS was a Gold suite which was basically the same as Sky Class. There were no genies on sailings out of Shanghai. I seems that they have now reverted to Sea/Sky/Star for sailings out of Singapore and the room is Star Class. It is just a little disconcerting that the room description itself does not say Star Class.

The mention of Genies on FB is a very good sign. I will check that out.

Edited by alistairg

6 hours ago, alistairg said:

£1500 per night is for the cabin not per person. I would say from other bookings that we have been paying closer to £2000+per night for the first two people in a Star Class cabin.

It is actually £7315 total for 3 people, at the moment the third person is only £129. I have booked through Costco which brings the cost down to around £6500 for the 5 nights. If I had enough people to fill the Ultimate Family Suite I would be booking it as the 3-8th people would only be £129 each at the moment which is a fantastic deal. (In fact I might look for something next summer if I can get this kind of pricing)

Interestingly this is the second cruise we have booked where suites are materially cheaper to book in the UK vs the US. We have a Celebrity Apex booking in October this year where US pricing was around 30% higher than UK pricing, this time US pricing is around 10% higher. Historically we have booked via the US usually as it has been cheaper.

I knew that Gold and Silver class had ended, although they still have the dining rooms labeled that way. When we sailed before on Spectrum the GLS was a Gold suite which was basically the same as Sky Class. There were no genies on sailings out of Shanghai. I seems that they have now reverted to Sea/Sky/Star for sailings out of Singapore and the room is Star Class. It is just a little disconcerting that the room description itself does not say Star Class.

The mention of Genies on FB is a very good sign. I will check that out.

Oh ok, for 3 people that is a good deal, much better than the prices on my sailing (which is July/august so probably a really high demand time I guess). 

I'll be curious to see how it all works. I didn't book a suite because this trip is costing me $25,000 and it wasn't worth adding an additional $10,000 for perks I don't value at that price point, but it does seem that the ship itself is very compartmentalized into gold/silver areas.

My sailing mentions both gold/silver as well as sky/star so it's quite confusing. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

56 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I'll be curious to see how it all works. I didn't book a suite because this trip is costing me $25,000 and it wasn't worth adding an additional $10,000 for perks I don't value at that price point, but it does seem that the ship itself is very compartmentalized into gold/silver areas.

I am guessing you are in the same boat as us 😀 - the flights to Singapore will be more than the cruise.

The solarium and silver lounge/dining room were reserved for suite guests and diamond members and above when they were running the gold/silver system out of Shanghai. I don't know how this has changed since the ship has moved to Singapore. My guess is that the silver lounge is now equivalent to the diamond lounge.

On the Shanghai cruises the windjammer was crazy busy and to be avoided. The silver dining, which is a quieter buffet was a really nice addition. The gold dining is more similar to Coastal Kitchen and will I assume now be for Sky suites and above.

Service was outstanding on our previous cruise on the ship.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, alistairg said:

I am guessing you are in the same boat as us 😀 - the flights to Singapore will be more than the cruise.

The solarium and silver lounge/dining room were reserved for suite guests and diamond members and above when they were running the gold/silver system out of Shanghai. I don't know how this has changed since the ship has moved to Singapore. My guess is that the silver lounge is now equivalent to the diamond lounge.

On the Shanghai cruises the windjammer was crazy busy and to be avoided. The silver dining, which is a quieter buffet was a really nice addition. The gold dining is more similar to Coastal Kitchen and will I assume now be for Sky suites and above.

Service was outstanding on our previous cruise on the ship.

That is exactly my boat 😂 Airfare cost me twice what the cruise cost.