First time question - Celeb Silhouette Nordic capitals.

BosadovJa

Hi all,

Apologies as I am brand new to cruising and this week I depart on my 12-night cruise to the Nordic capitals. I am finding the app really hard to navigate and I can't seem to get any straight answers so these are my questions, if someone wouldn't mind helping me out..

1. Do we have to pay for transfers from the ship to the town centre in each destination, or does this depend on how close it is?

2. Do we get given wristbands or cards or something according to our package?

Thanks so much. Looking forward to it, I just can't seem to find these answers anywhere.

Jack.

• Like 1

In some cities you have to pay for transfers, in some cities the local government pays for transfers so there is no charge to you, it varies from port to port. So it would help if you would tell us which ports you were going to.

Your sea pass card, which is your room key, is coded to show which beverage package you have.

15 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

In some cities you have to pay for transfers, in some cities the local government pays for transfers so there is no charge to you, it varies from port to port. So it would help if you would tell us which ports you were going to.

Your sea pass card, which is your room key, is coded to show which beverage package you have.

Thanks so much WestLakeGirl! So, we're sailing from Southampton (UK) to :

Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark

Stockholm, Sweden

Helsinki, Finland

Tallinn, Estonia

Skagen, Denmark

1 hour ago, BosadovJa said:

Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark

Stockholm, Sweden

Helsinki, Finland

Tallinn, Estonia

Skagen, Denmark

Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki - all walkable.

Tallinn walkable just bear in mind when you get there it's very steep with lots of cobbles to get up into the old town - we had a private guide with a vehicle which enabled us to get out of town and to do the old city on foot.

My wife uses a 4 wheeled rollator.

Skagen - we didn't dock due to rough seas - apparently this is common. No refund of port fees as the Denmark charges one fee for Copenhagen and Skagen with no refunds.

Just now, BosadovJa said:

Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark

Stockholm, Sweden

Helsinki, Finland

Tallinn, Estonia

Skagen, Denmark

Hello

Oslo is very easy as the ship parks in the centre - We actually went on the ferry there to the islands (you can do island hopping there) and I also know that Brim Explorer are doing a new boat trip in Oslo this summer. You can pay for the ferry from the ferry terminal and Brim explorer you can book online.

Copenhagen is walkable - I would recommend doing the hop on hop off boats from Nyhavn, you can pay and pick this up from Nyhavn.

Stockholm - walkable depending on the pier used (there is one outside the city centre and one in the centre) 

Helsinki - Walkable to town from the ship - We recommend a boat trip to the Degero canal, this was quite fun. You can book this privately online and pick the boat up from the town centre.

Tallinn - A bit of a walk but still walkable to the old town - very nice to just walk around, sit at a bar and do some people watching etc etc.

Skagen - I have not been here so I really don’t know about this one sorry.

Hope that helps