Inclusive Drinks Package

Hi all,

we are taking our first cruise with my wife’s family, 12 people spread across multiple cabins and bookings.

If we get the inclusive drinks package for the three people in our cabin, how does that work? 

I don’t want to cheat the system but my wife is not a big drinker. Would it be possible for (say) my sister to use my wife’s package instead of (not as well as) my wife using it.

Thanks in advance

48 minutes ago, forceword said:

Hi all,

we are taking our first cruise with my wife’s family, 12 people spread across multiple cabins and bookings.

If we get the inclusive drinks package for the three people in our cabin, how does that work? 

I don’t want to cheat the system but my wife is not a big drinker. Would it be possible for (say) my sister to use my wife’s package instead of (not as well as) my wife using it.

Thanks in advance

Two people (or more) in the same cabin have to take the package if one of them does so sounds like you would need three packages.  Also card has to be given to a member of staff to order a drink from the package and as I understand it, once the member of staff swipes the card on the system they see the photo attached to the card owner, so cheating the system in any way would not work. Once the staff get to know a couple they will often just take one card and serve the two drinks though, but the package is not transferrable to another person. 

TBH unless you are really big drinkers you will probably find that paying for drinks as you go works a lot better anyway as the package is no longer the value it used to be as available drinks are limited and if you go out into port there will be days when you may not have a lot of drinks anyway.  It is all a case of looking at the package and deciding what is better for you and your wife.

22 hours ago, forceword said:

That’s really helpful.

It sounds like it won’t be good value for us to get the package. We will stick with pay as you go.

Thanks for your help 

Enjoy your cruise.