Navigator Cabin Help!

I have a cabin selection question for anyone who has been on Navigator or similar ship. We are trying to book two rooms close together, balconys, D1, D2 or D3they seem pretty much similar exept for the floors.

These are the cabins still available to us:

D1 7730 &7332 these 2 cabins are located just after the hump, how much view obstruction would there be?

D2 7238 & 7240 these 2 cabins seem to be across from a work station maybe? Near the elevators, would this be noisy, I had read in someones thread that they were next to the room attendats work room and it was quite noisy in the morning, was this the area?

D3 6546 & 6548 these 2 cabins are across from the elevators would this be noisy or just depend on the passengers that we happened to sail with

I have cruised before but didn't pay to much attention to all the details, now that we are bringing others along with us, i seem to worry about things more or maybe just getting older the smaller things seem to start to matter. I hope i'm no turning into a nit picky cruiser:D:D

Thank you for any input you can give we would greatly appreiciate it!

Hoping to end this cruise withdrawl, it's much too painful not having anything booked:eek:

Hi Krickett,

I haven't stayed in the Deck 7 staterooms you mentioned but did stay in a Deck 8 stateroom once near a workstation. No problems whatsoever. We've tried to stay away from Deck 6 staterooms just because of potential noise from the promenade, but I haven't ever heard of anyone actually complain of that before.

I usually prefer Deck 7 and 8 as they're about equidistant from the Windjammer and Dining Rooms.

Enjoy the planning- it's *almost* as fun as the cruise itself :)

K.

Just because you are behind the "hump" doesn't mean your view is obstucted. You can see as well as any other balcony. The "hump" doesn't stick out that far!!! You shouldn't hear elevator noise, either. You may hear folks walking past your room, but that happens everywhere!

Just because a room is across from the elevators, don't worry. We were in 8320 on the Mariner and never heard a thing!

My PR cabin on the Mariner (7583) was VERY loud - think we were next to a "work room".

The hump issue - from what I experienced in 8320... I didn't go out on my balcony and look UP and DOWN the ship. You're on the balcony, you are going to look out. If anything maybe it might block some of the wind while sailling, don't know.

Of the rooms you mentioned, I would go with those behind the hump. Much more central location. However, the rooms on deck 6 are very convenient to Cafe Promenade... coffee in the am.

Archived