Venture Adjoining Cabin Question

TakingFlight

I’m booked on an Arctic cruise next year on the Venture. I’ve heard that on some ships a cabin that has an adjoining door to the next cabin can be noisier than one without. Anyone care to conjecture that this would be the case on a new ship like the Venture?

I was on Venture in a cabin with an adjoining door. I will avoid that in the future. We could hear the people next door - not loudly, but could definitely hear them through the door. I have only been on Venture once, so I can’t compare this experience with a non-adjoining door cabin. 

We had an adjoining door on the Odyssey - 747 the one which turns the Wintergarden Suite into the Grand Wintergarden suite but it had a double door so when they were both closed we heard nothing. The noise from the TV in the penthouse suite on the other side though was not so good.

Thank you, Techno 123. I know what you mean about the TV noise-we had this issue on another line on a brand new ship. We don't usually turn the TV on at all when we cruise. Our neighbors turned it on and left it on LOUD any time they were in the cabin. It was a less than desirable situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Let's hope cruise lines are making the doors between adjoining cabins more sound proof than in the past. On one TA cruise on the QM2, we could not only hear the couple in the next cabin talk, cough and sneeze, but there was light shining through between the crack around the door frame. There were even white glue stains around the frame of our door where a previous passenger had afixed duct tape around the door to block out the light. 

As a result, we avoid connecting cabins just in case.