Sailing on Princess with Oxygen Concentrator

Doug R.

Hubby had just gotten over a bout with pneumonia when we sailed on the Sky in March.  Because his oxygen levels were still fluctuating, we rented an oxygen concentrator and brought it on board.  No one even questioned it when we embarked and went through security.  He used it mostly in the room, but we did bring it up on deck one day when he was struggling a bit.  There are almost always a number of people who are on oxygen while on the ship.

My hubby uses an Inogen portable concentrator and has no problems.  We also rent a room concentrator from Special Needs Group for use in the room to give the Inogen a break. Be sure to bring extra canulas etc.  The rental will come with one and a longer hose (I believe 25 feet) for getting around the cabin. They deliver directly to the room and will pick it up at the end of the cruise.  The last cruise was 28 days and the rental fee was $383.  Well worth it for us.  I hope everything works out well for you.

I am on oxygen 24/7 and have never had a problem with Princess. I’ve never been required to bring any medical documentation or been put through additional screening because of it. There are limits if you plan on bringing any oxygen cylinders for use on excursions (I do this when an excursion may be wet to protect my POC). Happy cruising! 

@Doug R., forgot to mention - if you are flying to the port, you have to let the airline know you will be using oxygen.  We've flown Delta the last few times; they have a form to submit and if approved (don't know why they wouldn't), we just had to check in at the counter instead of online.

23 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

@Doug R., forgot to mention - if you are flying to the port, you have to let the airline know you will be using oxygen.  We've flown Delta the last few times; they have a form to submit and if approved (don't know why they wouldn't), we just had to check in at the counter instead of online.

Nope, driving from South Jersey to Brooklyn for a Canada/NE cruise, besides the EzAir quote from Philly to NY is $869 per person 😂

17 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

Nope, driving from South Jersey to Brooklyn for a Canada/NE cruise, besides the EzAir quote from Philly to NY is $869 per person 😂

WOW! Do they have you flying around the country first?  We are originally from Jersey as well. (Plainfield area)  Moved to NV in 1989.  Enjoy your cruise.