Variety of Questions about Carnival & Vista

wenocancer2

Since I have so many questions, I thought I'd ask them in one thread rather than break them all out separately, which I certainly can do if anyone thinks that is the better option. Random questions for our upcoming cruise on the Vista in August.

Is there a dim light in the bathroom, or should I bring a night light of some sort for middle of the night bathroom trips?

We will be downloading the Carnival app, if I remember correctly, for a fee you can use the app to text to those cruising with you, right? Like $5 per day per person?

We are three adults in a balcony, years ago people used to suggest showering in the spa for more room.  Is that still an option?

What time is the early show in the main theater each night?  I guess also, what time is the late? Or does this vary?

How early is the first Carnival Transportation from Hobby Airport to the Port of Galveston?

Barring any delays with the ship's arrival or disembarkation of the sailing prior to ours, what is the soonest you’ve heard of boarding to start?

Is there somewhere that I'm not seeing that tells me exactly when we can complete the registration in order to get an assigned boarding time?

Thank you in advance!

Hi!

Just a heads up (and it may be faster than waiting for responses).  🙂

Most if these questions come up quite often on this board .  You can use the search function to find your answers.  And you will probably get more complete information that way.

Your last question is easy to answer - even I can do it!😁

Log in to the Carnival site. The page that comes up is often the "cruise manager" page for your cruise. If not and you are on the Carnival Home page click on "manage" near the top center of the screen, and "my booking " on the submenu. That will take you to the cruise manager for your cruise and on the left side you will see a "To-Do List." Online check-in will be on that list with the date you can return there to check-in.

Edited by icft

Bring a night light.  The messing through the carnival app is hit or miss.  On my last three cruises I message worked when texting to other I phones.  So I would try that first before paying the $ 5.  Registration is 14 days before the cruise, unless you are platinum or diamond, then it is 16 days.

We usually bring an alarm clock that lights up at night and is battery operated for a night light/clock in the room

The app can be downloaded and used without paying, you pay $5 per person per cruise to chat the entire cruise, however note on Vista I have had problems the last two times with it not working at times so your mileage may vary (we had better lock with internet packages and then WhatsApp)

The shows usually started right at 7:30 or so (so with my kids we did early dining and usually missed the first show)

Hobby to Galveston Pier didn't start for us until Noon (even though they said 10AM) and it is a line up and wait.  I will tell you I usually find it easier to Uber to the port for about $60 total

Depending on traffic and the roads down to Galveston I think they usually start boarding around 10:30 AM (we had a suite last April and boarded that early) but there has been times the boat is late and that slows down the boarding (July last year this happened)

You get your boarding time when you check in 14 days (16 for suite or Diamond/Platinum) before your cruise, you will finish your paperwork and choose a boarding group with a time (tip is this is 14 days EST time Midnight so plan on staying up late to get the best time)