Ketchikan Lumberjack show with NCL

bomabound

• On 8/8/2023 at 8:28 PM, MaggieNY said:

I don't know the date of your trip, but here's the schedule for the free shuttle:

https://wardcoveak.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/2023-Ward-Cove-Port-Schedule-7.17.2023.pdf

It looks like they adjust the last shuttle time based on the cruise line's departure time.

My family just booked the lumberjack show thru NCL. Due to another scheduled excursion, we picked the 1:30 show, which ends at 2:30 and the last free shuttle is 3:00. I saw online that the lines can be long for the last shuttle. With the $50 shore excursion credit and our 10% Latitudes discount, it cost $97.00 for each couple vs $85/couple with taxes & fees directly through the lumberjack show's website. We figured we'll take the free shuttle into town earlier in the day, see the show, then take the NCL shuttle that's included with our tickets back to the port. Guaranteed seats, no waiting. For me, that was worth the extra $12. YMMV.

I called to see if NCL still had any availability for the show.   They are selling tickets to the 2:15 p.m. show with meeting up at 1:30. This is the show I originally booked directly, but then became concerned we would not arrive on time since the ship docks at 1:00 p.m.   So, I cancelled the booking and reserved the 4:00 p.m.   After reading your advice and seeing the schedule you posted, I ended up cancelling directly (the money was refunded within hours) and went with the NCLexcursion for the original time I wanted--the earlier show.   My thought is that since it is a NCL excursion, we will have a much easier time getting there on time.  Then, since the last bus leaves at 6:30 p.m., we still have a few hours on our to explore town.     

On 8/9/2023 at 1:28 AM, MaggieNY said:

I don't know the date of your trip, but here's the schedule for the free shuttle:

https://wardcoveak.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/2023-Ward-Cove-Port-Schedule-7.17.2023.pdf

It looks like they adjust the last shuttle time based on the cruise line's departure time.

My family just booked the lumberjack show thru NCL. Due to another scheduled excursion, we picked the 1:30 show, which ends at 2:30 and the last free shuttle is 3:00. I saw online that the lines can be long for the last shuttle. With the $50 shore excursion credit and our 10% Latitudes discount, it cost $97.00 for each couple vs $85/couple with taxes & fees directly through the lumberjack show's website. We figured we'll take the free shuttle into town earlier in the day, see the show, then take the NCL shuttle that's included with our tickets back to the port. Guaranteed seats, no waiting. For me, that was worth the extra $12. YMMV.

Please update if that plan works, I’m sailing in October and we’re scheduled for a morning arrival 7am to 1.15pm. I’ve booked for the 10.30am show with the intention of using the free shuttle into town and return with the show shuttle. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So we just did this yesterday. Our NCL Shorex ticket actually said "You can meet the tour at the show directly." We took the Ward Cove shuttle into town, wandered around then went to the show. When they took the ticket stub, they gave us a cash register- like receipt with a red line on it and the shuttle time.

At the end of the show we exited through the store and we're directed to walk about 2 blocks down across from the Soaring Eagle store. Pretty easy process. As we drove past the waiting area for the port bus around 2:45, the line was fairly long, but not as long as the line in the morning. Last bus was at 3:00 and we didn't leave anyone behind so they got everyone back in time.

It was a good plan so I say you should go for it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MaggieNY said:

So we just did this yesterday. Our NCL Shorex ticket actually said "You can meet the tour at the show directly." We took the Ward Cove shuttle into town, wandered around then went to the show. When they took the ticket stub, they gave us a cash register- like receipt with a red line on it and the shuttle time.

At the end of the show we exited through the store and we're directed to walk about 2 blocks down across from the Soaring Eagle store. Pretty easy process. As we drove past the waiting area for the port bus around 2:45, the line was fairly long, but not as long as the line in the morning. Last bus was at 3:00 and we didn't leave anyone behind so they got everyone back in time.

It was a good plan so I say you should go for it 

Thank you for the update! So, things have changed from what people reported earlier in the season. No more tour transportation to the theatre. That's a disappointment, as we were counting on that with my family members who have mobility issues. At least when we're there in two weeks we will know what to now expect. Thanks!

Did you notice if any of the Ward Cove shuttles had a lift for a scooter?

Thanks, again, for the update!🙂

There IS tour transportation to and from the theater. But we wanted to go into town earlier so we took the Ward Cove shuttle. There wasn't enough time to take the shuttle back to the port in time to take the shore excursion provided transport right back into Ketchikan. The option I described works for anyone who's already in town.

• Thanks 1