First NCL cruise Haven experience.

ISABELLA

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Hotel pricing can fluctute wildly in NOLA. 

Lot's of third party booking sites book blocks of rooms, not just a Mardi Gras.

We sailed a couple of weeks after Mardi Gras in early March.  A Hampton Inn was booking at over $800 a night.  The Riverside Hilton was booked solid for weeks but then rooms opened  up a couple of weeks before our cruise when those 3rd party sites released their unsold rooms.

Have you cruised from NOLA before?

Embarkation there can be significantly different.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 8:07 PM, CallagDeb said:

We will be in the haven getaway next week.  Can anyone recommend their favorite food enjoyed in the Haven?  We were last in the haven on the escape, but that was 2 years ago and can’t remember any food favorites.

I liked avocado toast, shrimp toast and keto omelet for breakfast. Surf and turf for dinner, Caesar salad with choice of chicken, shrimp or salmon. Burgers were very good, french dip.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 7:24 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Surprised to see the shrimp & grits (or in my case, double andouille sausage & grits) didn't make the cut.

image.png.c121f3643ee43aaf66febcd487f8f5f7.png

Oh gosh! You know why? I was writing this post from the office and didn't have access to my March cruise photos. When I downloaded them to the computer, they were deleted from the cloud.

But yes!! American Diner Shrimp & Grits are amazing! I do order mine with shrimp, so here's a slightly different view than @Sailing12Away's yummy double sausage order. (I'm working from home today). Despite not looking as good as hers, the uhh, slop, was delish!

20230318_131531.thumb.jpg.25d481781d0c3bf8a98989e5aa3137b9.jpg

We didn't care for American Diner (chocolate shake was basically chocolate milk on ice).

In the Haven dining room, the only thing I customize is getting the Shrimp Scampi hold the shrimp. Makes a tasty mild pasta dish. 

Try the banana dessert as well- -- even if you're not a big banana fan. It works, somehow. Incredibly sweet, though, if you don't like that. 

Don't forget the special "snacks" menu in the courtyard in the afternoon - a good place to grab a late lunch or a fun dessert while playing a board game or chatting with friends. Better option than lunch in the restaurant if you just want a sandwich.

• Like 1