British Isles Explorer 2023 - terrific video diary!

KatieKay

With an upcoming British Isles Explorer voyage booked for mid-September, and having never been on a cruise before, I've been doing my homework! I stumbled across this Instagram account of an April 2023 BIE journey by Los Angeles based food writer and influencer Jo Stougaard.  Her Insta handle is #mylastbite & here's a link to her first post - from there, scroll up for a port-by-port account.   Her first post is April 1, 2023 if the link isn't working.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqgOt0MMLDa/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Her posts are charming, joyous and informative.   You get a real feel for the ship (her food pics are works of art) and a sense of being right there as she explores each destination. By the way, this forum has been such a helpful resource for me in planning this trip, thanks to everyone who takes the time to post.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing the instagram! We are also first time Viking cruisers taking the BIE starting mid-Sept. I've started the roll call topic for this cruise so we can share info specific to this cruise. I've learned so much already from these boards, particularly regarding excursions from independent operators. I anxious to see the insta pics from the Orkney Islands!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...