HAL to Papua New Guinea

PNWcruzin

Does anyone know if HAL still does the Papua New Guinea cruise stopover? We took a SYD 14 day with stop over at several northern Australia neighboring island about two years ago. 

Edited by PNWcruzin

Oh that's an interesting itinerary - thanks East Timor is not somewhere that's particularly easy to get to. I've been to conflict Islands in PNG and althought itts a private island the beach is absolutely stunning - one of the best I've ever been to - walk 10 min and you will have it to yourself 

Edited by lissie
  • Like 1

PNG is a bit out of the way for most Westbound and Eastbound Transpacific (US to/from Australia), so its not on many cruise itineraries.  Westerdam stopped in Alotau and then the conflict islands (two days there!) during our trip in Oct/Nov 2022.   Conflict Islands was best cruise stop in more than a decade.....simply perfect.

• Like 1

We stopped at Conflict Island with the Noordam last year and agree with lissie and SNSJ, it is simply stunning. The cruise in to Alotau was amazing and the actual port of call was eye opening. The people were super friendly and the school was very grateful for the school stationery donated by HAL but the litter…. Oh my.