Rum Point ? for Drew Sailbum

pandaTO

Ferry is still not in routine passenger service. There is no discussed timetable for resumption of service that I am aware of at this time.

The ferry is run on a charter basis for cruise ship sponsored shore excursions which come to Rum Point. Disney Magic has been offering this excursion for several years. A couple other ships are starting to schedule it too.

I am so glad I found this post.

If the ferry is still not in operation when we leave on April 30th what is the next best way to get to Rum Point for the day. I know that taxi's would be very expensive so what is another option without doing one of these big jeep tours. Are there other ferry's?

Thanks for the info,

Heather

Ferry is still not in routine passenger service. There is no discussed timetable for resumption of service that I am aware of at this time.

I know its bad form to quote oneself, but...

No ferry = no ferry.

Regular ferry service ended more than 18 months ago. If routine service resumes, I will definitely make a prominent post.

Renting a car and driving out to Rum Point is the most practical way to visit this beach. Also popular is booking a Reef, Rays, and Rum Point tour with Nativeway. At this time they are the only company I am aware of making routine trips which include Rum Point.

*** The disclaimer. The ferry is run on a chartered basis for cruise ship groups. Disney Magic has offered a shore excursion trip to Rum Point for many years. Certain ships of Celebrity Cruise lines have more recently begun offering Rum Point as a shore excursion. The ferry is chartered for a single round trip for these shore excursions. If your cruise line offers this shore excursion, this would be the easiest way to visit Rum Point.

Quite true. I should have been more clear. I was thinking about trips coming via water and should have clarified that the Nativeway trip is the only regular one I am aware of coming to Rum Point by water.

Of course the jeep tours can come up, and I guess that is just a slightly different way of renting a car for the drive.

Archived