Tour recommendation for seven adult (one 17 year old) that includes shopping and food (Buggy tour?)

jp2746

We have been to Cozumel several times and usually go to Paradise Beach but are not going this time because it is now AI and we don't drink.  One of our adults is able to walk fine but his amount of walking is limited.  I am thinking about doing a buggy tour so we would have freedom but I really don't know what to do.  It sounds like you need a plan for the buggy tour and really all we want to do is shop and eat.  We may want to go to the beach for a little while but we are doing that in two other ports so something different would be great. We like authentic experiences not touristy ones.  Our favorite tour was Costa Maya where we ate with a family and made tamales.  However, we are with extended family and I'm not sure that they would want to do something like this.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Edited by jp2746

• jp2746 changed the title to Tour recommendation for seven adult (one 17 year old) that includes shopping and food (Buggy tour?)
43 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

We have been to Cozumel several times and usually go to Paradise Beach but are not going this time because it is now AI and we don't drink.  One of our adults is able to walk fine but his amount of walking is limited.  I am thinking about doing a buggy tour so we would have freedom but I really don't know what to do.  It sounds like you need a plan for the buggy tour and really all we want to do is shop and eat.  We may want to go to the beach for a little while but we are doing that in two other ports so something different would be great. We like authentic experiences not touristy ones.  Our favorite tour was Costa Maya where we ate with a family and made tamales.  However, we are with extended family and I'm not sure that they would want to do something like this.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

I would go with a private driver ( we use ToursPlaza) and take the hassle out of planning and driving . You would need several buggies for seven.

You can let them know what you all want and customize your day. They can take you somewhere local to eat and the mercado if you are adventuresome. Pick a PAYG, or low entrance fee beach bar for some beach time. Take a ride round the east side for some photo ops and the natural side of Cozumel, unless it is summer and sargassum season.

I am not sure you can do a buggy independently (ie not a tour)and if you want to shop in town parking several vehicles would be a hassle.

Edited by c-leg5

23 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I would go with a private driver ( we use ToursPlaza) and take the hassle out of planning and driving . You would need several buggies for seven.

You can let them know what you all want and customize your day. They can take you somewhere local to eat and the mercado if you are adventuresome. Pick a PAYG, or low entrance fee beach bar for some beach time. Take a ride round the east side for some photo ops and the natural side of Cozumel, unless it is summer and sargassum season.

I am not sure you can do a buggy independently (ie not a tour)and if you want to shop in town parking several vehicles would be a hassle.

Thank you!  We saw the buggies last time in Cozumel and they looked fun but we have more family with us this time so I do think a private tour would be best.   I will check out ToursPlaza.