Encore Family Oceanview Room Layout

bluestar1

Two questions I'm hoping for some help with, one on room layout and then adding more to an itinerary later.

I have three family oceanview rooms I'm looking at on the Encore. I've researched videos, and pictures on many websites and I cannot seem to find a good answer to my question. On the NCL website, it gives a layout that looks one way, but a youtube video for the same room number looked different.

What I'm looking for is the specific layout that has the secondary couch/bed near the window and there is a full curtain that will separate the two sleeping areas. (picture 1)  

881x400_ENCORE_O4-O5_FamilyOceanview.jpg

When I search for videos, ones like this come up with no curtain and a pillar in the room. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPENKlPQNzM

The rooms I'm looking at are: 5150, 5154, and 12700.  I keep searching this website and just general internet searches but getting all sorts of pictures that aren't lining up. 

Second question - if I have 4 on the current itinerary, and we have one of the rooms that sleep 5, can I add a 5th person later? We may have an additional person to go but I want to buy soon because of the pricing.

Thank You!

16 minutes ago, bluestar1 said:

When I search for videos, ones like this come up with no curtain and a pillar in the room. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPENKlPQNzM

^^ The video in the link is a forward-facing Oceanview. 

If you want something similar to the photo, it will look like this...

^^ 5140 on Encore. 

The rooms I'm looking at are: 5150, 5154, and 12700. 

12700 is a forward-facing Oceanview that is larger than the other forward-facing Oceanview on the same deck. There is 1 per deck on decks 9-13 for Encore. 

Second question - if I have 4 on the current itinerary, and we have one of the rooms that sleep 5, can I add a 5th person later?

If you are thinking of adding an extra person, add them now. Once lifeboat capacity for that section has been reached, you will not be able to add anyone even if your stateroom has the capacity for another person. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

54 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

^^ The video in the link is a forward-facing Oceanview. 

THANK YOU! This was incredibly helpful! The room size difference is astounding 😲 I may be rethinking my wants/needs.

28 minutes ago, bluestar1 said:

THANK YOU! This was incredibly helpful! The room size difference is astounding 😲 I may be rethinking my wants/needs.

Only the **700 forward-facing Oceanview staterooms are sized/configured in that way. The location of the support pole and the location (left or right) of the bed can differ depending on the deck. The lower the deck, the longer the walk to the elevator and higher decks have a better view forward.