NCL Viva 2024 - Trieste

Jon_Jen

We have a Viva booking departing from Trieste in august 2024. Pre cruise we’re flying into Venice for a few days.

Wondering if NCL offer transfers which can be booked does any one know or would the train or a transfer be better 

thanks 

47 minutes ago, Jon_Jen said:

We have a Viva booking departing from Trieste in august 2024. Pre cruise we’re flying into Venice for a few days.

Wondering if NCL offer transfers which can be booked does any one know or would the train or a transfer be better 

thanks 

We took the train from Venice to Trieste. It was easy and way cheaper than NCL transfers. There are also buses (FlixBus) you can take from Marco Polo airport to Trieste that are cheap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sherrihall128 said:

We took the train from Venice to Trieste. It was easy and way cheaper than NCL transfers. There are also buses (FlixBus) you can take from Marco Polo airport to Trieste that are cheap.

Amazing thank you 

Cruiseline transfers run about $60 pp.  It might only be available from the airport, or they might pick up at Tronchetto parking lot in Venice.  

You can take the train from Venice SLucia station or from Mestre (on the mainland). Some runs are 2 hrs, some are 3 so be mindful of the schedule. No transfer is needed.  (Last summer I read that some people had to stand from SLucia, so I boarded in Mestre.  Better yet, I travelled Business Class with a reserved seat, and coffee/snack on a high speed train. Booked a month in advance for 20E pp )

Post cruise, I wanted to go to Venice airport so I took FlixBus. Again 2 hrs, about 20E pp.   FlixBus has runs to Venice, Mestre and VCE.  So again, be mindful of the schedule.

The train station and bus depot in Trieste are within a block of each other, but are about a 15-20 minute to/from the cruise pier.  Or you can take a cab.

We are sailing this September and spent $50/ea on transfers from the airport. So after spending a couple of nights in Venice, we'll just return to VCE to pick up the NCL bus. Seemed the easiest and they handle your luggage. Oddly the transfer back to the airport in Athens is covered by the $50 shore excursion discount, but this transfer is not.