Ducks

malted muse

duck hiding  

32 members have voted

1. 1. There seems to be an increase in people hiding rubber ducks for fun on cruise lines - but is this a good thing or not?

• yes - it is just harmless fun.
    • No - it is contributing to polluting the world with more plastic.
    • It would be fun IF the ducks were biodegradable.
    • No - it's childish and annoying.

• 8 months later...
On 2/10/2024 at 9:02 PM, Bebekat57 said:

We will be Ducking on our March Mexican Riveria Cruise.  I've never done it before.  It will be fun.

Be aware that I have recently heard that some cruise lines are saying 'no' to people doing it now.

I have heard that Disney is the only line that discourages it.  They don't forbid it, just discourage it.  I don't see the harm in spreading joy.  If other's don't like it, they don't need to participate.  Just my opinion.

22 hours ago, Bebekat57 said:

I have heard that Disney is the only line that discourages it.  They don't forbid it, just discourage it.  I don't see the harm in spreading joy.  If other's don't like it, they don't need to participate.  Just my opinion.

Marella also doesn't like it but have only said that in response to being asked - carnival have also made a statement.  My view is it is fun as long as it doesn't go over the top (e.g. when one person bring loads and loads), when they are eco friendly and when care is taken hiding them.

https://bnnbreaking.com/lifestyle/carnival-cruise-line-bans-rubber-ducks-with-business-cards-and-homemade-goodies

I agree, it should not go over the top.  I also agree with Carnival about banning ducks with business cards or homemade goods attached.  Ducks with business cards is solicitation and one doesn't know what has been put in the homemade goods.

• Like 2