Cabin Assignment

scottie99

Hi,

Experienced cruisers with about over 60 under our belts, with a little apprehension, we have booked our first VV cruise out of Barcelona end of September as it was too great a deal to miss.

We are young at heart seniors , 74 and 71.   We have booked an XL Terrace about 4 days ago When I look at VV website, I can see our booking but not our cabin number.

I admit I’m scared we get allocated a noisy cabin over a club or under a noisy deck.  My TA said she can possibly help in these circumstances so I’m keen to sort asap. 

Does anyone knows when I can expect allocation ( or is it already there in the booking confirmation and I am missing it?)

Thanks in advance 

If you book on line, you get an assigned cabin which you can change by calling VV or going thru a TA.  If you book either on the phone to VV or thru a TA, you can choose your cabin from any available; the TA is able to see availability on their portal.

You are completely right that you don't want a cabin right under the gym.  The VV ships don't seem to have the nightclub issues that some other lines do.  Some of the XLs at the very front of the ship do not have hammocks; instead they have a swinging chair thing.

Bottom line, you should be able to see your cabin assignment if you scroll down thru the booking confirmation to "ship information."  It is assigned at the time of booking except in cases of a gty booking.  From there, if you don't like what you see, you can go thru your TA to get it changed OR call Sailor Services yourself.  Unlike other lines, VV Sailor services are willing to help you with many things.

Another question....are you aware that the only real difference between a regular sea terrace and an XL is the size of the bathroom?  The cabins are otherwise very similar.  This might impact your choice.  Sometimes XLs are minimally more costly than a Sea Terrace, other times the difference can be significant.

Just found my allocated cabin on App, 14326 A, deck 14 forward.

it seems an ok position, with cabins below and above but any comments welcome.

I am aware of the only difference between this and regular sea terrace cabins is the bigger bathrooms but as the difference in price between the two was only about £70 each, it seems worth it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scottie99 said:

Just found my allocated cabin on App, 14326 A, deck 14 forward.

it seems an ok position, with cabins below and above but any comments welcome.

I am aware of the only difference between this and regular sea terrace cabins is the bigger bathrooms but as the difference in price between the two was only about £70 each, it seems worth it

That's way up in the front, you may or may not have a hammock. Your TA can change your cabin easily if you'd like. I personally would pass on the XL and take a cabin further back on the ship. Those XL's just give you a bigger bathroom, but not all have hammocks due to the design of the ship up front. I much prefer mid to aft on the Ladyships. 

• Like 1

Thanks for insight.

However, I watched a you tube video showing same cabin on Scarlet Lady which shows a hammock.

Absence of noise from night club etc is much more important to us though

1 hour ago, scottie99 said:

Thanks for insight.

However, I watched a you tube video showing same cabin on Scarlet Lady which shows a hammock.

Absence of noise from night club etc is much more important to us though

So I have stayed in a central terrace, a corner suite, and an XL terrace x2. Given the choice (on any deck!) i would go for the XL after checking if it has a hammock. The red room sometimes in bad weather hosts Scarlet Night, but even that closes at midnight. The manor on most voyages at a maximum has two late nights if you are a tender sleeper. 

Cabin differences - the deeper main part of the room, inc the wardrobe so you can store your cases easier. The bathroom has a walk-in sink part (no door) but the WC and shower are behind two separate doors. The shower is full-size, and not a triangle shape wedge. Call your agent, or go through the deck plans and you can check if it has a glass side and a hammock as enough people have now recorded this.