Advice for Newbies

SeaBunny

Our upcoming TA on Pursuit will be our first Seabourn experience and we need all the insider information CCers have. Especially hints on dining options, activities, typical attire, best places to hang out, basically anything and everything.

Thanking everyone in advance.

I love the Observation Bar at cocktail time!  DH and I set a standing order for caviar to be delivered to us there at 6 pm each night.  The piano player is always good and the view can't be beat.

Earth & Ocean (the patio grill by the pool during the day) has wonderful food each night.  The menu is very limited (usually a choice of 3 different appetizers and 3 different entrees) but wonderfully executed and inventive.

We are fans of trivia and enjoy joining a fun team that has a mix of experience but that doesn't get *too* serious about the game.

Seabourn Square is a great place to hang out.  Relatively quiet during the day time (except when trivia is going on), there's usually a jigsaw puzzle to work on, great view out to the back of the ship.

2 minutes ago, SDuckers said:

I love the Observation Bar at cocktail time!  DH and I set a standing order for caviar to be delivered to us there at 6 pm each night.  The piano player is always good and the view can't be beat.

Earth & Ocean (the patio grill by the pool during the day) has wonderful food each night.  The menu is very limited (usually a choice of 3 different appetizers and 3 different entrees) but wonderfully executed and inventive.

We are fans of trivia and enjoy joining a fun team that has a mix of experience but that doesn't get *too* serious about the game.

Seabourn Square is a great place to hang out.  Relatively quiet during the day time (except when trivia is going on), there's usually a jigsaw puzzle to work on, great view out to the back of the ship.

SeaBunny mentioned that her TA is on Pursuit which doesn't have a TK Grill or a Patio Grill. Unlike the larger ships, Earth & Ocean is served in the Colonnade a couple of times per week. A limited Sushi is served from 6 to 9pm in the Club on Deck 9.

Our favourite dining venue on Venture (Pursuit's sister ship) was on the deck by the stern Infinity Pool outside the Colonnade. We also enjoyed afternoon tea in the Constellation Lounge (Venture & Pursuit's equivalent of the Observation Bar) and coffee in Seabourn Square.

The Bow Lounge on Deck 6 has instrument clusters which mirror some of the information from the Bridge and a self-serve coffee station with a variety of treats. The Expedition Lounge on Deck 4 has a bar and comfortable seating by artificial fireplaces. On our cruise to Greenland, the expedition team gave informative talks in the adjacent Discovery Center which was also the venue for evening entertainment.

• Thanks 2

Read this board! The threads offer, invaluable advice, insights from long-term cruisers, and lots and lots of tips to get the most out of the experience. It’s been about five years since our last cruise and I am systematically reading through the posts to maximize our time (and we’ve actually been on the Sojourn several times before).