Photoshop AI

8 minutes ago, tommui987 said:

Dave Pierce:

Going to critique Photoshop AI?

Just got the invite to try the beta. 

I'm thinking yes after working with Topaz' AI product. It wasn't a magic pen like the Adobe's generative fill is supposed to be but can really help recover marginal photographic oops moments and restorations. I'd like to see if PS AI can be used as a fixer rather than a creator.

Dave

I just used PS AI to remove an unwanted person from the middle of a group photo and it did an amazing job, especially considering it is a beta-version. That photo had been bothering me for a couple of years now because it was a photo from my wedding (made by an amateur friend) and one of my family members insisted that his girlfriend was included and of course they broke up soon after the photo was taken. It was also noticeably clear from the expression on her face that she didn't want to be in the photo. 

I had tried to remove her myself a couple of years ago but since she was in the middle of the group and the background was busy this had not been an easy task and the result was a 6 out of 10 at best. And now PS AI did it in 10 seconds and nobody who sees the photo will know that it was edited. 

It also does an amazing job of expanding the canvas.

The result may vary from fantastic to terrible but since this is still a beta-version it will only get better.

• Thanks 1

Just a simple example, took a photo, removed one person, and used PS AI to add penguins. It gives you three options, and this was the "most realistic" of the three. PS AI even notices things like the direction of the sun. All of it took less than 30 seconds. 

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-24 at 17.55.26.jpeg

• Like 3