Booking the Car/Driver Service

We have a cruise booked for next year.  The booking includes the car and driver service from home to Southampton.  It feels too early to call and arrange this, but not having done it before I have no idea.  Can anyone advise how soon before the cruise I should call to get this organized?

As far as I remember (it ws last year) you dont need to do anything.  Saga will arrange the pick up time and will notify you and also tell you the contact for the taxi/car/limo provider , which will probably be local to you.  In our case, the driver phoned us the day before to confirm everything. He was prompt and pleasant. The only issue was that he hadn't done the Southampton cruise run before so our knowledge of the dock gates was useful.  

Disembarkation was even better, with Saga's staff in direct contact with our driver and pointing us to the correct vehicle. 

7 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

We have a cruise booked for next year.  The booking includes the car and driver service from home to Southampton.  It feels too early to call and arrange this, but not having done it before I have no idea.  Can anyone advise how soon before the cruise I should call to get this organized?

It is only the last couple of months that I have noticed Fred offering transfers as an option for a fairly wide range of cruises, with it only being offered for a few very long cruises before that.  Hence I doubt there will be many people who have used that service previously.  Fred's head office staff tend to be pretty good at dealing with queries though, so worth giving them a ring to ask how it works.

We would always choose the OBC option as an alternative to that.

I think the company they use is CMA Travel Management Solutions which is very efficient.  They don't want to hear from you until a few weeks before you cruise.  They will send a local taxi company to collect you then a Southampton company to take you back home.