O's Misleading Pricing

bubbaed

16 minutes ago, basor said:

What the fares were in the past are irrelevant, if you did not book then, what is relevant is what is the current price for the cruise and if the 20% is off of that......there have been several across the board fare increases the past months (not counting any specials, promos, etc.) so the 20% is indeed a savings if you want to book a cruise now .

That’s correct, but it also indicates that it’s very little insensitive to wait for any sale. The best strategy is to book as soon as one decides on the cruise that they want. That was always our experience.

18 minutes ago, basor said:

What the fares were in the past are irrelevant, if you did not book then, what is relevant is what is the current price for the cruise and if the 20% is off of that......there have been several across the board fare increases the past months (not counting any specials, promos, etc.) so the 20% is indeed a savings if you want to book a cruise now .

I did book then so by your reasoning they are relevant.  Thanks for your insight.

5 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I did book then so by your reasoning they are relevant.  Thanks for your insight.

Cruiserchuck who asked the question obviously has not booked yet so my answer is relevant to their question and anyone else who receives an email concerning a promotion that has not booked yet...