Food allergies- should I book the specialty dining package?

Octavias

We are booked in the retreat and I’m planning to talk to the Maitre’d first thing about my severe food allergies.  The original plan is to dine in Luminae as much as possible to simplify things but now I’m having second thoughts.  I would like to experience some of the specialty dining if I can and with the current sale on dining packages, I’m tempted to buy the three night package.  

how on-the-ball are they regarding food allergies?

Is there a way to see the menus so I can figure out if I can even eat in the specialty restaurants? 

is La Petit Chef one that you can use the package for?  What about the Magic carpet? 

Menus should be in your app under dining.  If for some reason, they aren't showing for your sailing, switch to another sailing and choose your ship and the current sailing.  Specialty restaurant menus don't generally change with the exception of Le Petit Chef which has 3 or 4 different menus and they often switch at some point during the cruise so you have a couple different menu choices during your sailing.

Yes, you can use the package with Le Petit Chef but being a fixed menu, it probably isn't a great one for someone with severe food allergies.  They can make some accommodations with advanced notice but I don't know how much and any accommodations they make won't match the show.  

I've eaten in Tuscan Grill with dairy allergy and they handled it fine but personally I always feel a lot more comfortable with my normal waiters and the wait staff in Luminae are usually outstanding.

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

Menus should be in your app under dining.  If for some reason, they aren't showing for your sailing, switch to another sailing and choose your ship and the current sailing.  Specialty restaurant menus don't generally change with the exception of Le Petit Chef which has 3 or 4 different menus and they often switch at some point during the cruise so you have a couple different menu choices during your sailing.

Yes, you can use the package with Le Petit Chef but being a fixed menu, it probably isn't a great one for someone with severe food allergies.  They can make some accommodations with advanced notice but I don't know how much and any accommodations they make won't match the show.  

I've eaten in Tuscan Grill with dairy allergy and they handled it fine but personally I always feel a lot more comfortable with my normal waiters and the wait staff in Luminae are usually outstanding.

Thank you!  I will look up the menus.  I mostly wanted to see the one for Le Petit Chef because, as you said, the meal matches the show, and that’s the charm.  

I Am vegan and in all of my sailings, only twice was there a foul up and they were rectified immediately.

You or your TA will want to alert X to any food allergies, that way when you visit the Maitre d' upon boarding verify they have been alerted and they will help you select meals which are friendly....

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

I think it depends on your allergies.

I’m allergic to shellfish so some specialty dining is problematic. If a restaurant’s specialty is what I’m allergic to, we stay away - on land or on sea. 

• Like 1