Disembarking in Iceland

zackarykeef

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I have a feeling that that is what we will end up doing with our 5 PM flight time. Not the greatest option, but at least a somewhat more acceptable one since we have previously been in Reykjavik on a land trip as well as having the day before as an overnight on the cruise.

We're planning on a stop at Blue Lagoon before heading to the airport.  We made a 10:00 reservation and have a 4pm flight.  Any downsides with this plan?

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mlaw8 said:

We're planning on a stop at Blue Lagoon before heading to the airport.  We made a 10:00 reservation and have a 4pm flight.  Any downsides with this plan?

Thanks

1. What are you planning to do with your luggage?

2. Does the timing really work? You have to be at the airport several hours early for an international flight?

Last Monday, with 2 pieces of luggage to check between us, my wife and I got to Keflavik 1:40 before scheduled departure time and it wasn't even a question, even going over to the non-Schengen D gates for the flight to Heathrow.  It's a pretty well designed airport. 

Unless you have spa treatments booked you can easily experience the Blue Lagoon in 2.5 - 3 hours, and it's only 20 minutes drive to the airport.  If you have transport and luggage storage sorted this timing looks like it works.

Edited by slakko
Typo

Luggage can be stored at Blue Lagoon.  Was planning on taking a taxi from the port to Blue Lagoon and from Blue Lagoon to the airport. I contacted Hyrefill and they won't prebook a taxi.

• 6 months later...

I was reading a couples post on utube that you can book the transfers to the airport and be picked up at the cruise terminal. I have cruise booked with NCL next August and wee fly home at 10.15 in the morning so I was wondering has anyone used this service without paying NCLs high transfer price 

• 3 months later...

Not to dredge up an old topic but...

For anybody that has done the Prima Northen Europe itinerary ending with an overnight in Reykjavik, is an 11am flight out of KEF even within the realm of possibility (with self-assist at earliest possible time and an NCL transfer)?  Reading through this thread it seems the answer is "probably", so I guess I'm looking for real world experience.

Normally I wouldn't even consider such a thing, but this is a unique case where A) We arrive the previous day, so risk of delay is minimized B) Flight options are limited with most flights to the US leaving around 10-11am C) The lone 5pm option for me adds $500.

Before it is suggested, while an extra day in Iceland would be ideal but just isn't in the cards for this trip.

TIA for any feedback!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if NCL provides transfers from the ship to the airport that include a stop at the Blue Lagoon? That was an option on a previous cruise on a different cruise line and I'm hoping that NCL does it too. Our flight home is at 5pm.

Edited by MarkieMarkNYC