My View: Trading Seascape for Seaside Semi-Live

APDMOM

On 6/23/2024 at 11:45 PM, Mommapadraig said:

@APDMOM A year later thanks for this great review! I hope your cruise you had in November was all you wanted and expected! Now that some time has passed are you rethinking MSC?  However You were much more gracious than I would have been about being accused of smoking and something like that would stay with me forever.

Hi @Mommapadraig,

Even with the year that passed, we are not reconsidering MSC.  I know many of our friends still enjoy the experience, but we are not interested in returning until they improve their customer service and safety protocols.  

We are trying Princess for the first time in a couple of weeks - really looking forward to that. We were also very impressed with our return to Carnival on the Horizon, as they are seriously cracking down on misbehavior, smoking on balconies, and overall security, including drug sniffing dogs. 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Hi @Mommapadraig,

Even with the year that passed, we are not reconsidering MSC.  I know many of our friends still enjoy the experience, but we are not interested in returning until they improve their customer service and safety protocols.  

We are trying Princess for the first time in a couple of weeks - really looking forward to that. We were also very impressed with our return to Carnival on the Horizon, as they are seriously cracking down on misbehavior, smoking on balconies, and overall security, including drug sniffing dogs. 🙂

What were the security concerns? 

I haven't read through all 11 pages.

9 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Hi @Mommapadraig,

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! I read a lot of carnival reviews and it’s obvious it has changed from what we always thought of it in the past. Cruise on!

• Like 1

We sailed Seaside just about a month later than this review and we also received the dreaded naughty letter about muster. They also seemed to not believe me when I explained that we did it, and then we got the same letter for the next two nights!

Someone asked about the crepes - and yes, it is still there outside at the aft pool, but my wife was never able to find anyone to make her one.

This was a 4 day cruise (our first 4 day) and we'll never do one again for reasons similar to OP's review.  I almost got kicked off the ship when some turd 20something crawled over my daughter in a stroller leaving the theater.  I have a friend who is an officer on the ship (Hi Mukesh!) and when I saw him, he seemed really surprised that we would book a 4 day (we're pretty sensible family oriented people)

We had a good overall experience, but we were not fans of the layout (even though we are on Seascape in August, which will be similar)

Edited by MonsterJoe