Pacific Star

Skyrules

Thanks for the info.With seas like that I would not like to try and tender ashore.

I also checked the cam for Diamond Princess this morning.She is supposed to be cruising Fjordland today,but has skipped the Fjords and is heading across the Tasman due to a severe storm.Wonder if she will arrive early in Hobart and give the passengers an extra day ashore?

Our queensland cruise skipped port douglas.We were to go snorkelling on the outer reef,something i had looked forward to for the year before the cruise.Not only was there no compensation but every body spent more money on board on drinks instead of being ashore.A nice little earner for P&O.

cheers

jim

If ports are missed due to weather is there any compensation?

I think it depends on how many you miss. There is some allowance for missing ports but I think you have to miss more than one to get compensation on most cruises!

Over all of my cruises I have only ever missed one port and that was Amedee (sp?) Island and we weren't too upset about missing it.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Archived