Future Cruise Deposit

heatherl2

Guest ldtr

Short answer no

You only get the OBS if you use the FCD when the cruise is initially booked.  Basically when you apply the FCD when making your initial deposit.  Anytime after that no OBC.

47 minutes ago, heatherl2 said:

….Can an existing cruise be canceled and rebooked with the FCD if the price is the same? 

This can be done in some cases but it will depend on the booking terms of the existing reservations. Some old promotions had a no refund policy with respect to the deposit used to book it but I haven’t seen that lately. Also the older booking may have incentives such as OBC that could be lost in cancelled and rebooked. 

1 hour ago, ldtr said:
1 hour ago, heatherl2 said:

Can you buy a FCD on board and apply it to an existing cruise for the OBC? Can an existing cruise be canceled and rebooked with the FCD if the price is the same? 

The acquire date of the FCD must be after your booking date. Many, many years ago, Princess would ‘back date’ the FCD, I do not believe they will do this now.

With FCD’s having only 1 year to use now, I do not see many passengers buying a lot of ‘extra’ FCD’s to have on hand, unless they know they will be booking many cruises within a year.

Some online agencies do not have the ability to apply a FCD during the booking process and you can usually have the agency add the FCD after you have made the booking, as long as you have a FCD dated before you made your booking.

Even if you have paid in full, Princess should be able to apply a FCD which would result in an overpayment and a credit back to your form of payment, so you will still get the OBC associated with using a FCD.

Guest ldtr

As far as canceling and rebooking. The answer is usually yes. How ever keep in mind that nothing will carry over from the old booking. The new booking will be based upon whatever the terms are at the time you make the new booking.

Also keep in mind that any penalties applicable to the old booking at time of cancellation will also apply.

Guest ldtr
1 minute ago, wallyj said:

You messed up the editing on your post so it appears to attribute your comments to me.

As far as your comments go. Even if your fcd pre dates the booking you cannot get obc from an fcd applied to an existing booking. You can get the value of the fcd but not the obc. To get obc it must be applied at time of booking.

Hi @ldtr, sorry, I clicked on the wrong post to get quote and tried to edit.

I have, in the past,  from using an online travel agencies booking engine, paid the deposit using a credit card and then had the agency apply a FCD and got the OBC for using it.

I know of a friends recent booking, where their booking was paid in full and a FCD was not used, but later they had one applied, resulting in overpayment, AND they received the OBC for using a FCD. 

This is another example of inconsistency with Princess. 

• Like 1

We have a B2B2B booked for this fall. Unfortunately, when we booked, we had already used up all of our FCDs.  We cruised since booking and purchased more FCDs each. Later, I checked our B2B2B bookings and found that the last two segments had gone down quite a bit. My TA was able to rebook those two using the FCD so we got the OBC for each of them. He also managed to get us each an extra $100 OBC due to a promo that was running at that time. We did have to "upgrade" from the old Plus to the new Plus which was an extra expense but we did end up saving $1,135.86 in fares and ended up with an additional $600 OBC that we didn't have before. He was also able to keep the same cabin which is good as we have the same cabin for all 3 legs of the trip.

He spent a fair amount of time on the phone with Princess (much of it on hold) but really came through for us.

• Like 2