What do you think I should do?

I am planning a cruise for 7 people on the May 19th sailing of Sovereign Of The Seas. We are going to get 2 cabins. The final payment is due March 20th. Everyone will have their money together on the 17th(Friday before the 20th) Now my question, Should I book the cruise this Friday or wait until after the 20th in hopes of better prices or better rooms opening up from people that didn't pay final. How long after the final date do they release the rooms?

In my opinion it's better to be safe than sorry. I would book now if you can even get booked this close. Getting booked may not be a problem but getting where you want just might. I have been on 3 cruises and everyone one of them ended up being completely sold out.

Definetly book now, and watch the price for your cabins. Be sure to ask your TA about their policy regarding price drops before and after final payment. If they say that RCI won't allow credits/refunds after final payment, question them more closly. If they insist this is policy, time to find a new TA or book directly with RCI.

Definetly book now, and watch the price for your cabins. Be sure to ask your TA about their policy regarding price drops before and after final payment. If they say that RCI won't allow credits/refunds after final payment, question them more closly. If they insist this is policy, time to find a new TA or book directly with RCI.

Thanks for all the comments, I will definitely book right away.

PappaSiera, are you a pilot? Just wondering because of the username.

Book NOW. RCCL is awesome about rebating if there are applicable discounts after final payment (keep in mind that Happy Hour specials and certain other promotions may not apply). And as others have said, be SURE you have a TA that will watch this for you, and will get you the rebates, should there be a discount. I am a TA and had six price drops on a Mariner cruise last year, most after final payment, and received a price adjustment and rebate every time.

Most of the time, the price only goes UP, so booking now locks in the best price as of today.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

PappaSiera, are you a pilot?

Nope, RF engineer. Actualy came from the call sign I used in a previous field position, made up of my initials, purposely misspelled here and elsewhere. There were about a dozen of us, so reuse was not an issue.

Nope, RF engineer. Actualy came from the call sign I used in a previous field position, made up of my initials, purposely misspelled here and elsewhere. There were about a dozen of us, so reuse was not an issue.

I figured it was misspelled for a reason. I always love running into fellow pilots, but no luck here, lol. Anyway, thanks for the advice on the topic.

Archived