I'm so terribly sad

sea-cruise

Every one of you who posted has helped me cope through the night. I keep thinking about what each of you said, and I thank you so much, you can't know how much. The surgeon just called and Arnold is going into surgery now. I will let you know if he makes it through and then when and if he is able to walk later on. Love to each of you for caring. Mary (sea-cruise)

Celebrating 30th cruise soon....

I am so sorry for you and Arnold! We have a little mini doxie who hurt his back 2 weeks ago. It is so sad. They look up at you with those beautiful brown eyes and make you just melt. I hope your little fella makes it through and is back on all fours soon!

Can't wait to head south for a cruise!

I know what you are going through- we lost the best doxie in the whole world last June due to a back injury. He started bleeding from hus spinal cord 3 days after the surgery...the surgeon said it is very rare.

I am tearing up as I write this- my prayers are with you!

royalsmallwide.gif

A lot of NCL ships

The old Emerald Seas

Fantasy 10/01

Pride 01/02

Sensation 6/02 Fantasy 9/02

Legend 1/03. Sensation 3/03

Fantasy 4/03, Pride 6/28/03

Glory 8/30/03 & Glory 12/13/03

Miracle 3/1/04

Legend 12/5/04 yay!

And proud member of Dachshund Rescue of North America...rescue one, until there are none.

I'm so sorry to hear about Arnold. Back injuries are a frequent problem with long dogs. My beloved basset hound twisted her back a few years ago, and had to have surgery. She was also paralyzed, dragging her hind legs around and just delirious when I came home and found her. Everyone said I was crazy, it was over $1000, but when you love your pet like a child, you just do it. Unlike iluvdoxie's sad outcome, Snuffy was completely fine after her surgery. She just died a couple of years ago from bone cancer, but her back had mended. So I am sending out positive thoughts for Arnold, and I just know he will recover!

Glory 6/5 - 4 snorkel trips!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I am so sorry to hear about Arnold, and am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. I have a 9 year old Dalmation with bad hips, and she is now on Cosequin, which is helping her a little. I am curious about all these back injuries? What happened to Arnold and how did he twist his back?

Beth

Carnival - Sensation

4/00

RCCL - Sovereign of the Seas

12/02

RCCL - Majesty of the Sea

11/03

Leaving on the Fascination, come on Thanksgiving!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dear friends, Arnold made it through the surgery. They said they will know in a couple of days if he will walk again.

(Beth, I don't know how he injured himself. He gets very excited and happy when people come to the door, and we had company coming in when he yelped and kept crying, so I think he twisted it greeting people. No one knew why he was yelping.)

I want to thank all of you again for your thoughts and prayers. I know they helped pull him through, and they certainly pulled me through last night. I see that so many of us are in the "same boat" when it comes to our pets. I will post again in a few days when I know the outcome. Sincerely, Mary

Celebrating 30th cruise soon....

Mary, thank you so much for posting... I have thought about you and Arnold today... I know it is a blessing to have him come out of the surgery okay... I know he has a long road ahead of him, but he has alot of people pulling for him here! Please keep us posted... Our prayers will continue icon_smile.gif

animated+angel+and+devil.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;07;03;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Since our First Cruise on the Sensation 7/3/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Sensational Cruise from the Bayou!

See our cruise pics at: http://groups.msn.com/thesensationgroup/chrisandchrispictures.msnw?Page=1

I am so happy to hear that Arnold made it through his surgery, and will be praying that he will be on his feet soon and walking all over the place..

Much love and prayers to you and your little Arnold.

LINDA LOVES TO CRUISE WOULD LIKE TO DO MORE 9/26/2004 CARNIVAL DESTINY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;9;26;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

DESTINY 9/26/04

NAVIGATOR of THE SEAS 9/20/03

SOVEREIGN of The Seas 10/1994

I'm one of those people who enjoy reading the posts on this board and not participating, this time I felt compelled to reply to your message about Arnold. My 7 yr. old dachsund had the same surgery about 3 yrs ago at UT Knoxville. I live in Nashville, TN. After several weeks of rest, she was almost back to normal and today is as active as ever.

I'll pray for Arnold's fast recovery and your spirits to be lifted in time to enjoy your cruise.

awww - geesh Sea-cruise [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] - My heart is aching for you and Arnold. As I sit here with my lovely little Lily (1yr old chi) sleeping by my side, I have tears in my eyes. Thank God that Arnold made it thru the surgery OK, but our thoughts and prayers are with you and your special fur-kid that he will be good as new very soon.

Kath

1/05 It's a ...Miracle Cruise ... And NYE in Epcot!!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;1;2;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
...a true blue spectacle,a miracle come true.
[img]http://www.fortunecity.com/millenium/fairview/162/a-angel.gif[/img]
NCL Seaward 1/96
Carnival Pride 12/02
Carnival Miracle 1/05

Sea-cruise

Don't give up hope! I had two mini-dachs and one became paralyzed like yours. He was so determined he would drag himself around by his front paws. The vet recomended having him put to sleep , but we refused. We took hm for walks in a stroller! lol. After him taking steriods, he regained use of all fours and went on to live quite a few more years. Thoughts and prayers for you and Arnold!

Glad to hear the hard part is over and Arnold made it through.
I love my pet also very much her name is Tia!
Tia sends Arnold this message arf! arf! arf! arf!
translates to: Get Well Soon ARNOLD

7,25,04 Inspiration Sailing
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;07;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Mary,
We wish Arnold a speedy recovery! I am sure with all our thoughts & prayers he will soon be greeting visitors at your front door! My 2 big Golden Retriever's send Arnold a big "Woof"!
I hope you can enjoy your cruise!

Michelle

Archived