Guarantee cabin assignment

Maksim

9 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That I can understand. It's when there are plenty in a particular category to book that I wonder why someone would choose the guarantee option.

The cruise we are looking at currently is 1000.00 cheaper per person. For us, a 2000.00 savings is mighty tempting.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I am looking at a cruise that has one guarantee suite left (Edge Class) and the only suite categories currently available are Edge Villa, Penthouse, and Iconic Suites. 

How quickly have they been assigning cabins lately? Do I have a good shot at getting one the mentioned suites if I book the guarantee? Or will they just hold out and wait for a sky suite person to cancel and then stick me into that?

I booked a SS guarantee in March for the Edge and received my cabin assignment within 24 hours for my sailing in July.  It was quite forward and since there were still quite a few SS cabins available, I was able to switch it easily to a midship cabin. As far as getting one of the other suites, I do not know, but think it likely that someone else would get them in a Move Up bid, opening up a SS.

42 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I am looking at a cruise that has one guarantee suite left (Edge Class) and the only suite categories currently available are Edge Villa, Penthouse, and Iconic Suites. 

How quickly have they been assigning cabins lately? Do I have a good shot at getting one the mentioned suites if I book the guarantee? Or will they just hold out and wait for a sky suite person to cancel and then stick me into that?

I’m guessing that you have jus about zero chance of getting anything higher than a Sky Suite. Someone in a Sky Suite will MoveUp and you’ll receive their suite. 

6 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’m guessing that you have jus about zero chance of getting anything higher than a Sky Suite. Someone in a Sky Suite will MoveUp and you’ll receive their suite. 

Right, but some people have reported getting assigned a room with 1-2 days of booking the guarantee room. So if in that scenario there are no sky suites, then wouldn’t the system assign one of those higher suites?

I booked a Concierge GTY on Equinox.  Was assigned a C2 directly under the OVC.  Called TA  to request move to better location.  Plenty of cabins available in C2 category.  They refused to relocate me because all the available cabins are set up for 3 or more people and there are only 2 of us. 

TA suggested we wait a week or two then try again.  

I cannot understand why people post on here about their discontent with guarantee cabin allocations. It is obvious what you are booking to save potentially $$$s. Those who pay more deserve the option of a better choice.

Here in the UK, if one books a g’tee fare, you get what you are given, and that’s it! We have only taken the lower grade fare once , and had a far forward cabin, and enjoyed every moment.