Charges, after leaving the ship

Returned on the 23rd May from a fabulous cruise on the Marella Discovery 2. I had been monitoring any additional costs /purchases on my debit card, everything was accurate and up to date when we left the ship. However, on 24 May, £536.38 was debited from my account. Contacted TUI but they couldn't help since we had already left the ship. My travel agent is following this up but we have been home for a week now and this has not been resolved. 

There is an email address for account queries - finalstatement@marelladiscovery2.com
Details should have been on the letter you were given on board with the ship departure details.

But first check on debit card bill to distinguish actual charges from pending charges. There will normally be a number of pending charges during the cruise which are never actualy taken and the final total is taken after the end of the cruise. Does that amount correspond with what you expected to pay but think is already billed. Do you have a copy/screenshot of the account as on the ship?

• Thanks 1

Hi Ginger.

What a shock to get after your holiday. Unfortunately Marella have form for doing this as I recall there was a similar thread on here some time ago. I do believe that it gets sorted eventually but it must be stressful. When I embark the ships I always give credit card details instead of debit card and if there are any problems you can let the bank/ card provider sort it.

hope you get a successful conclusion soon.

Edited by Brummijam
Stellink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FIO.

You'll need to provide your booking reference, name and date of travel along with a copy of your bank statement showing the transactions you are querying. As these queries will be investigated directly by the ship, which will be operating itineraries as normal including days at sea, please allow seven days for a response.

For any onboard cruise account queries please contact the ship that you were on for your cruise via the email addresses below:

finalstatement@marelladiscovery.com

finalstatement@marelladiscovery2.com

finalstatement@marellaexplorer.com

finalstatement@marellaexplorer2.com

finalstatement@marellavoyager.com

RR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tui are proving to being an absolute shambles for any aftersales , I am still waiting for response where they mailed they would come back to me in usually 28 days , this was in February . Despite being a very good customer over the last 15 years i am now booking holidays and other cruises elsewhere

I am so disappointed that Tui have let themselves down like this. This would have been the perfect holiday and we would have booked another cruise.  We should have been clear on what additional charges we had before leaving the ship. I presently feel I'm at the mercy of Tui, they have abused my trust. 

Thank you to all who have provided good advice for moving forward. 👍 

Edited by GingerS1