Kudos to Royal Caribbean !!

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

After a pre-Christmas cruise an unexpected charge of $1722.50 showed up on my American Express bill the following month.

The whole story is on this lengthy thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=304011.

It took a while, but had a happy ending.

I want to give credit to the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line for resolving the issue in a gracious manner, and really appreciate how it was handled!

Happy cruiser again,

Globetrotter11

Hello fellow cruisers!

I have wonderful news :-)

When I returned from Asia there was a voice mail waiting for me from RCCL. A person from Corporate Guest Relations informed me that the CEO had received my letter sent via Certified mail. After looking into the matter they issued me a full credit of $1722.50. As in every other contact with Royal Caribbean she was very helpful and pleasant.

What had happened? It seems that on one occasion, one of the girls had logged on to the internet, and somehow the system showed her as connected for 57 hours... In any case, it turned to be an honest glitch, and I am very happy with how this was finally resolved.

I also want to thank the ones that suggested that sending written correspondence via Certified Mail would be an effective way to communicate. That turned out to help matters greatly.

Sincerely,

Globetrotter11

(still a Royal Caribbean fan:D )

Thanks for the update, I was just thinking about you this morning. It is cool that they credited your account back. To bad you had to live with the stress of fighting the charge. I will keep in mind the certified letter by mail if I ever have a problem while traveling anywhere. Cindy

Archived