Prima: Nama Sushi and Sashimi, how was it?

robinium

Hi all,

Heading away on our first (ever!!) cruise on NCL Prima on Sunday and have one spare speciality dining reservation unassigned. For those who've been on NCL Prima and eaten in Nama Sushi and Sashimi, how was it? We're big sushi lovers and keen to give it a shot if people think the sushi is good quality and tasty.

Also, I noticed they have a selection of sake on the menu, how does that work with the beverage package (we have the Premium Plus package on our booking) when you're dining there, if anyone has tried?

An NCL rep who I asked said that the dining package isn't applicable to Nama, but I think that's wrong, isn't it? As far as I know, you can order 4 items per person?

Thanks in advance everyone! ☺️

I, too, would love to hear first hand accounts.

I didn't opt to eat there on the Prima last month, b/c every NCL sushi venue in my experience has made maki rolls that are way too 'ricey' (is that a word?): 2/3 rice, 1/3 fish.  So I stayed away. 

Hopefully this place is different.

15 hours ago, JGmf said:

I, too, would love to hear first hand accounts.

I didn't opt to eat there on the Prima last month, b/c every NCL sushi venue in my experience has made maki rolls that are way too 'ricey' (is that a word?): 2/3 rice, 1/3 fish.  So I stayed away. 

Hopefully this place is different.

Getting the impression it may not have been too popular so far 😅

I thought it was certainly good cruise ship sushi. Not sure about the sake but their special cocktails were included in the beverage package. So I’d assume sake would be if it falls into the correct pricing for your package.

It’s not a very popular venue for whatever reason, so don’t fret ability to walk up at any point. It was normally about 20% occupied at dinner. So your service will be fast and attentive.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BrianLo said:

I thought it was certainly good cruise ship sushi. Not sure about the sake but their special cocktails were included in the beverage package. So I’d assume sake would be if it falls into the correct pricing for your package.

It’s not a very popular venue for whatever reason, so don’t fret ability to walk up at any point. It was normally about 20% occupied at dinner. So your service will be fast and attentive.

Thanks a lot for your info and feedback, that’s great to hear! We might give it a go in that case. 

Did you use a speciality dining package credit on the meal there when you visited? Was it 4 items per person like Food Republic? 

Thanks again 😊

9 minutes ago, robinium said:

Thanks a lot for your info and feedback, that’s great to hear! We might give it a go in that case. 

Did you use a speciality dining package credit on the meal there when you visited? Was it 4 items per person like Food Republic? 

Thanks again 😊

No problem! I did not - just paid a la carte.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lighthousepointdream15 said:

We were there on the Prima Transatlantic cruise. We did Ala cart. It is good for cruise ship sushi. Very fresh and tasty. The sake that is sold by the glass is included in the beverage package and is served.

Amazing, thanks a lot for the info, very helpful to know 😊 We’re going to give it a shot! 

19 minutes ago, robinium said:

Amazing, thanks a lot for the info, very helpful to know 😊 We’re going to give it a shot! 

I went to ask for you, it is indeed any four items for the dining package. Including dessert - but also you can forgo dessert for any fourth menu item.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BrianLo said:

I went to ask for you, it is indeed any four items for the dining package. Including dessert - but also you can forgo dessert for any fourth menu item.

Oh that was so, so kind of you, thanks so much 😊 Really great to hear that! We look forward to trying it in a few days 😁

I thought the sushi at food Republic was very good and fresh.  Can anyone compare the sushi here to the sushi at food Republic?  My guess would be that it's the same, but I'd love to hear from someone that has had both.  Of course, they don't have yummy 😋 lamb chops at nama 

18 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I thought the sushi at food Republic was very good and fresh.  Can anyone compare the sushi here to the sushi at food Republic?  My guess would be that it's the same, but I'd love to hear from someone that has had both.  Of course, they don't have yummy 😋 lamb chops at nama 

Yes, very similar experiences from a sushi perspective. Different rolls of course and at Nama they physically make the roll fresh at the counter. More of a classic maki experience.

Food republic has views but I Iove the design at Nama. They are somewhat oddly overlapping concepts though. Not a complaint but I foresee gen 2 Prima vessels shuffling one out.

• Thanks 1