Island Princess Interior Cabin “Bunk Bed” Head Knocker?

gottagocit

I’ve seen conflicting info on the type of bunk beds used on some inside cabins. Anyone know which type are used on the Island?

Specifically are they mounted on the cabin walls and thus create a squeeze when moving about due to their dreaded “head knocker” location or are they full recessed in the ceiling? 

I’ve found video and photos showing both but it’s so hard to tell if some of them are “typical” photos. Specially I’m wondering about B407 and/or C517.  They, like almost all interiors on these decks, show a 4 person capacity but little else info about where the extra beds are located is offered by Princess. 

thanks

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Since it's an interior cabin you will likely have the fold down bunks mounted on the sides.

Well that’s what I’ve read but I’ve seen cruise videos showing more than one interior on the island that did not. Also found some still photos showing this but not giving specific cabin numbers. While a couple others do show that type. Hoping someone knows what’s up. 

Just looked at the deck plans. Changed the passengers to 4 and C517 isn't highlighted. Therefore it has no bunks on the walls. At least I've never heard of a cabin with only one fold down bunk. I would think it would have a bunk recessed into the ceiling.

B407 is highlighted so it can take 4 passengers and may well have side wall bunks.

Hopefully someone who has actually been in those cabins can see this thread and reply with first hand info.

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gottagocit said:

I’ve seen conflicting info on the type of bunk beds used on some inside cabins. Anyone know which type are used on the Island?

Specifically are they mounted on the cabin walls and thus create a squeeze when moving about due to their dreaded “head knocker” location or are they full recessed in the ceiling? 

I’ve found video and photos showing both but it’s so hard to tell if some of them are “typical” photos. Specially I’m wondering about B407 and/or C517.  They, like almost all interiors on these decks, show a 4 person capacity but little else info about where the extra beds are located is offered by Princess. 

thanks

The Island and Coral pullmans in Inside cabins are stored in the ceiling.  This is unique as Grand Class and Royal Class have them hanging on the walls.  I cannot speak to Diamond and Sapphire without investigating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The Island and Coral pullmans in Inside cabins are stored in the ceiling.  This is unique as Grand Class and Royal Class have them hanging on the walls.  I cannot speak to Diamond and Sapphire without investigating.

Really? You mean to say that all of the 4 bed cabins have the bunks in the ceiling? That's awesome! I will definitely have to file this info away.

Edited by Thrak

45 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just looked at the deck plans. Changed the passengers to 4 and C517 isn't highlighted….

That’s interesting. On the voyage I was looking at C517 does (did) show available when selecting 4 passengers during initial booking steps. 

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

That’s very good to hear!  Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

That’s interesting. On the voyage I was looking at C517 does (did) show available when selecting 4 passengers during initial booking steps. 

I agree. Me too. 

12 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

8 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

I agree. Me too. 

Sigh... Looked again. My bad. See what happens when you deal with old people? (In my defense our youngest daughter and her 4½ year old have been living with us the past month. I'm lucky I'm not totally crazy by now.)

Edited by Thrak

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Sigh... Looked again. My bad. See what happens when you deal with old people? (In my defense our youngest daughter and her 4½ year old have been living with us the past month. I'm lucky I'm not totally crazy by now.)

No worries. Lol. Can understand. Lol