Uncruise Safari Explorer Hawaii April 2023

Familygoboston

Time to Disembark

Always the sad part of any cruise...disembarking! After the thrilling manta adventure, we were docked at Kona the next morning and after breakfast, everyone disembarked, and once again, the captain personally thanked us all for sailing with them and crew gathered on deck to wave us off. 

20230421-BigIslandHawaii-014.thumb.jpg.27aba6164a12ee06f4c915737c65143d.jpg

20230422-BigIslandHawaii-039.thumb.jpg.81570f75875b674f5ef3c6d6dcea6eae.jpg

We were greeted by spinner dolphins in the morning

20230422-BigIslandHawaii-060.thumb.jpg.6e91101afc4aa9425a4bd9215e8cc72d.jpg

We had a comfortable space at the King Kamehameha Courtyard Marriott to await our onward flights.  We noticed a very interesting art exhibit at the hotel, and enjoyed seeing that while waiting for our airport shuttle. Most people have to return to Oahu to fly home, but many of the people on our Uncruise decided to explore another island, returning to Oahu or Maui and some continued their vacations on the island of Hawaii.  

20230422-BigIslandHawaii-071.thumb.jpg.f71d93be0149f39f407eaa6b4362d6f0.jpg

Hulihe'e Palace

20230422-BigIslandHawaii-074.thumb.jpg.0fe68963e864fca6befa709754c3e1be.jpg

Moku'aikauna Chruch 

After a breif walk around Kona to see the sights, we took our shuttle to the airport.  We had plans to explore Oahu and then cruise the much larger Quantum of the Seas from Hawaii to Vancouver Canada. To see that review, click here: 

Thank you to everyone who commented on the review, I hope its helpful understand the active and dynamic nature of an expedition cruise on Uncruise.  We disembarked with a receipt for a deposit on the next one!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That night snorkel with the Manta Rays is on my bucket list! Unfortunately my DH, despite his many other positive qualities, does not share my passion for wildlife adventures so I have to fit them in when and where I can. Meanwhile, I’ve certainly enjoyed your review and pictures.