NCL Escape, NCL Viva or Try Celebrity Beyond? Opinions, Please!

ashleyriley

Our last three cruises have been on NCL ships Jade, Breakaway, and Getaway all in the Haven. We have enjoyed the food, service and the rest of the suite perks along with the casual feel of NCL and the great entertainment. Escape would be a good choice if we wanted another cruise of the same feel and experience. 

Looking at possibly trying something different such as Celebrity Beyond. The ship looks amazing!  NCL Viva also looks beautiful  but so many reviews of the sister ship Prima are quite bad. Anyone sailed Celebrity or Prima and care to offer an opinion? Or should we just go with what we know and love and do the Escape?  Itineraries on all three are fairly similar. We would drive to any of the ports fairly easily, but Escape would be shortest distance to Port Canaveral. Thanks! 

• 1 month later...

I have sailed Celebrity and NCL Prima. Prima is a beautiful ship, and we are sailing Viva in March 2025. I found the Prima layout to be similar to Celebrity, but more contemporary. I have sailed Escape, too, and it is a different ship class compared to the Prima. I love the both. Overall, depends on preference for smaller ship vs bigger ship. 

I've sailed Celebrity Apex, sister of Beyond, this past January. Absolutely stunning ship. If you want to see some photos or read some of my perspective, check out my report on the Celebrity thread. 

I'd love to get on Celebrity Ascent for the Mediterranean in 2024, the newest sister ship debuting at the end of 2023...but the prices are too high so I might be trying the Norwegian Escape instead. ☺️ So, I have no comparison's but at least, I know the Apex. 😉