Pizza from La Cucina on the Escape

jkbec101

I thought it was good. I had the prosciutto and arugula. 

Years ago a pizza was considered an appetizer.  If that is the case for you I would try it.

On my last cruise they counted the pizza as an entrée.  If that is the case then there are better options in my opinion (the oso buco, or the tenderloin come to mind).

• Like 1

I wasn't on the Escape specifically, but I didn't find the pizza at La Cucina that much better than the buffet. 

I will say though thatI really enjoyed the Cannoli (enough that I go to La Cucina after eating my dinner in the buffet just for dessert)

I had the pizza from La Cucina on Getaway back in September (I think). It was acceptable. It wasn't amazing. It wasn't terrible. It was better than buffet/room service pizza. The crust wasn't too thick, but it sure wasn't NY style. I'm a NY'er, so ya know, that's what I measure all pizza against, even if I will grudgingly state I enjoy Chicago style pizza. 

Would I order it again using a Free at Sea meal? If I were in the mood for pizza, yes. Would I order it a la carte? Never! It's not worth the a la carte price. 

Here's a photo of the supreme pizza.

image.thumb.jpeg.0b29d5335ce75f54da4851dd1fd1e505.jpeg

Edited by cruiseny4life

I can't remember if it was on the Sky or the Epic, but La Cucina was right next to the Garden Cafe and you could get pizza from there at lunch time. It was pretty good. I don't think I'd use a specialty dining credit though.

2 hours ago, Twocoasts said:

I can't remember if it was on the Sky or the Epic, but La Cucina was right next to the Garden Cafe and you could get pizza from there at lunch time. It was pretty good. I don't think I'd use a specialty dining credit though.

Definitely on the Sky!

3 hours ago, KasperGutman said:

I wasn't on the Escape specifically, but I didn't find the pizza at La Cucina that much better than the buffet. 

I will say though thatI really enjoyed the Cannoli (enough that I go to La Cucina after eating my dinner in the buffet just for dessert)

So if we want to get dessert and coffee, we can do only that at a specialty restaurant?

12 minutes ago, KansasTexan said:

So if we want to get dessert and coffee, we can do only that at a specialty restaurant?

No, the buffet has a variety of dessert options, I just came to enjoy going somewhere more civilized than the buffet for dessert and a drink every night (just about anyway).