Picking up a rental car at Juneau airport

CRUSINGFAMILY

I picked up my car at the airport after an early morning whale watching trip.  The driver of the Harv and Marv van graciously dropped me off on the way back.  On the return, I was waiting in the taxi queue to head back when an arriving crew from another ship joined the short queue.  They invited me to ride with them.  I offered to pay the fare, but they refused and picked it up themselves. 

Under different circumstances, I would have just taken a taxi/uber to and from the airport from an uncongested area near the ship

9 hours ago, CRUSINGFAMILY said:

Hi everyone

For those who have rented cars from the Juneau airport, can you tell me how you got to the airport from the cruise port, the length of time it took by your chosen method and how much it cost.

Thank you!

Had planned to take a taxi until I stumbled on a car share app yesterday.  It is called Turo and looks legit.  I rebooked with Marcos to rent his 2019 Jeep Cherokee.  Saved about $90 on the rental itself and he will drop it off near the dock, or leave it near the dock with a keybox and code.  When done, I just park it in that area and will come get it.  Drop-off cost me $40, which is still cheaper than roundtrip cab ride as I understand it.

JB

• 2 weeks later...