Question about shore excursions for continuing cruise legs - 3 days in Venice with no shore excursions listed

Fieldofdreams

Hello to the Cruise Critic Community - We are on the 15 day Italy, Adriatic and Greece cruise, September 27th this year. The shore excursions posted today on My Viking Journey and for the 3 days in Venice there are no shore excursions listed. I called Viking and was informed that we will have to ask onboard what might be available. Has anyone experienced this and what was the outcome, positive or negative? Thanks so much!

We are on same itinerary in winter 2024.  Venice is a turnover day for the Rome to Venice and then Venice to Athens back to back cruises.  Others on same itinerary have indeed reported excursions available to sign up for once on the ship.  Apparently these tours are only for those people staying on the ship for the 2 legs not for those people disembarking or embarking in Venice.  So don't worry.

Perhaps someone who has stayed onboard for the 2 night Venice turnover can share what the excursions were.

We had the same thing happen to us last September (2023). We were on a 21 day Athens to Barcelona. No shore excursions were available to us for Venice until we boarded in Athens. Then no shore excursions were available to book until we arrived in Venice. Then no shore excursions were available to book for Barcelona until we arrived in Rome. In each of those ports, some people got off and some got on. This 21 day cruise was part of a 28 day cruise that started in Istanbul. 

We didn't really care about this because we had planned to get off the ship in Venice for the two nights we were there and stay in lodging in Venice itself. We did that and it was a super experience but spendy. Rad about what we did here: https://jktravelredmond.com/2022/09/13/venice-day-1-we-get-there/ 

12 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

We are on same itinerary in winter 2024.  Venice is a turnover day for the Rome to Venice and then Venice to Athens back to back cruises.  Others on same itinerary have indeed reported excursions available to sign up for once on the ship.  Apparently these tours are only for those people staying on the ship for the 2 legs not for those people disembarking or embarking in Venice.  So don't worry.

Perhaps someone who has stayed onboard for the 2 night Venice turnover can share what the excursions were.

Thank you Tayana

We are sailing July 7th on the Mediterranean and Adriatic Sojourn for 22 days.  I was also curious about those extra days in Athens and Venice and when I called Viking their agents indicated there is nothing that day.  I will ask about those days when we board the ship  Getting very excited to start this adventure!

We did this cruise last year in August.  We did book an excursion to the Doge’s Palace that we enjoyed very much. We didn’t bother with the included tour to Venice the next day as I couldn’t face another trip to Venice from where the ship docked (Chioggia). I was fortunate to enjoy many cruises into Venice when you could walk in from where the ships used to  dock. Those days are gone.  We were a good 100 min boat ride to St Marks Square. We enjoyed walking around Chioggia and the ship was a peaceful dream as so empty for most of the day. The infinity pool all to myself.  
There were overland excursions to offer, I think one was to Verona. In hindsight I think we may have taken that. I think it all depends where the ship docks. Other places may be nearer Venice or train stations. 

15DF9431-7D41-4830-BC96-3BECEFE1F51D.jpeg

CE68901D-769D-40DB-8934-A493F0A50B0C.jpeg

On 6/12/2023 at 9:45 AM, TayanaLorna said:

• Thank you Tayana

9 hours ago, Queenie1603 said:

We did this cruise last year in August.  We did book an excursion to the Doge’s Palace that we enjoyed very much. We didn’t bother with the included tour to Venice the next day as I couldn’t face another trip to Venice from where the ship docked (Chioggia). I was fortunate to enjoy many cruises into Venice when you could walk in from where the ships used to  dock. Those days are gone.  We were a good 100 min boat ride to St Marks Square. We enjoyed walking around Chioggia and the ship was a peaceful dream as so empty for most of the day. The infinity pool all to myself.  
There were overland excursions to offer, I think one was to Verona. In hindsight I think we may have taken that. I think it all depends where the ship docks. Other places may be nearer Venice or train stations. 

Thank you Queenie

9 hours ago, Queenie1603 said:

Thank you Queenie