MSC Meraviglia Live Yacht Club 6/11-6/18

Greygooser

59 minutes ago, Greygooser said:

ONLY the MSC keycards will work to operate the lights. I tried a few myself and spoke to others who confirmed.

The light card reader is looking for the chip in the card. You can bring a previous card from a ship that used the chipped cards to leave in the slot. Leaving a card in the slot also puts a light on over the door in addition to the do not disturb or make up the room lights so even with the DND light out the butlers may not knock.  

I found that the outlets were kept energized even without the card in the slot, which was better than other cruise lines for charging devices. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brighton Line said:

The light card reader is looking for the chip in the card. You can bring a previous card from a ship that used the chipped cards to leave in the slot. Leaving a card in the slot also puts a light on over the door in addition to the do not disturb or make up the room lights so even with the DND light out the butlers may not knock.  

I found that the outlets were kept energized even without the card in the slot, which was better than other cruise lines for charging devices. 

You’re correct, I should have specified they don’t work for typical RFID (NCL, most hotels, etc) but it’s not so smart that it’s coded to your specific key for your particular suite. And I agree as long as the outlets and AC work it makes no difference to me!

On 6/19/2023 at 7:07 PM, MaggieNY said:

Port: We were not a fan of Brooklyn. Manhattan is so much easier for us. We're not very familiar with Brooklyn and had to watch the GPS because it wanted us to take the tunnel, which we managed to avoid.

Was there a reason you skipped the tunnel? You avoid all the BQE traffic, and it dumps you right in Red Hook by the port. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Was there a reason you skipped the tunnel? You avoid all the BQE traffic, and it dumps you right in Red Hook by the port. 

Tunnels freak me out! I'm marginally better with bridges, but not by much. There wasn't much traffic on the BQE so that wasn't an issue.

Edited by MaggieNY

It is only the 3rd longest vehicle tunnel in the United States and the longest tunnel in the US not in Alaska at 1.73 miles. 

Holland Tunnel is 5th/3rd and Lincoln is tied for 6th with  Thomas P. O’Neill, Jr. Tunnel in Boston.

Edited by Brighton Line