Trans-bridge Bus Lines returning service to Cape Liberty

mugtech

According to the Allentown Morning Call, Trans-Bridge Lines is restarting their bus service to Cape Liberty.  Reservations are required, and one can park at the ABE airport during the cruise.  I have not investigated the current charges, but it used to be the bus left the airport at 9 AM, would get to the cruise terminal at 10:30 or 11:00 AM. On the return the bus was waiting in the parking lot for a 9:30 AM return to ABE Airport.  The price in 2019 was $50 each for seniors round trip and the parking was $5/night, with the first 3 nights free.  So for a 9 nighter out of Cape Liberty it used to cost my wife and me $35 parking plus $100 bus tickets.  Currently for a 9 night cruise the parking at Cape Liberty is $30/day, $270 total.  We live 3 miles from the airport, never had any problems with parking overnight there.  I know some folks have come from Berks and Lancaster Counties to use these services.  Makes it a lot easier and cheaper for us to do a last minute cruise.

• Like 1

I was thinking about taking a solo 9 night cruise from CL and knew it would be expensive to drive and park (tolls are ~$50 RT + $270 parking + gas).  So, I looked into Amtrak to Newark-Penn Station ($100 RT) and probably would go that route.  But with the return of the bus service, that would be another option, although ABE is a 1.5 hour drive each way for me.  

• Like 1