Sailing the Star this summer out of Seattle

Sailing on the star this summer to Alaska. I've herd horror stories about the aiport on Sundays being a zoo. Security and airline check in being a true test of patience. I'm concerned because of American Airlines changing my flight to 11:50a. I would love to hear what experiences people had last summer.

I've traveled on Sun am's. Go to any securit checkpoint - not necessarily one closest to your gate. I do web check in 24 in advance - avoids long ticket counter line, try outside/curbside check-in. I've often arrived 1 1/2 hrs early and been at the gate 1 1/4 hrs early. Of course, haven't traveled recently with 2000 coming of the ship.....:eek:

I agree with Costest about using any security gate and doing e-check-in if possible. A couple years ago the security lines used to be insane, but in the last year or so I haven't encountered any security lines that required more than a 10 minute wait at most, and usually it's much faster than that. You can now use any security line, not just the one nearest to your gate, so if the line looks bad at the first security checkpoint you come to, try a different one.

It's the ticket counter lines that usually have the longest wait at SeaTac. You can avoid that if you use curbside check-in, or if your airline has a kiosk check-in system (I'm not sure if American does this or not at SeaTac, it's been a while since I've flown with them).

Archived