Just Off Majestic 14 day to Alaska

awinte2

Try to keep it brief.  Loved the ship (other than the tacky shower curtain) . Hollywood Conservatory was great.  Pool was heated.  Great viewing but always busy.

Ate in dining room every night.  Only couple of nights was it just ok. The rest of time loved it. Had same waiters and table for  14 days. The service was impeccable. If there is something you would like instead of what is on the menu just ask and they will accommodate if they can.

Did lots of excursions. Seen lots of whales, otters, seals, eagles but we did not see any bears.  Did the 6.5 hours wildlife/glacier excusion in Anchorage/Whittier and it was great. .

Only down side of whole cruise there was a lot of colds, coughing,  .  Elevators were packed at busy times. Very few wearing masks. People we talked to after cruise some got covid some just a virus some bronchical.  Our cruise was sold out and being 14 days bound to catch something which we did on the last day.

Our first cruise to Alaska was 7 days straight up 20 years ago and wanted to do it again and glad we did.  Just a work of advice people looking to go to Alaska.  Glacier Bay and College Fiord are a must see.  Only doing the inside passage is ok but just not the same.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Best chance for seeing coastal bears is when salmon are running. That's more a late June through July event.

We saw a few bears on the land portion of our trip in mid June. This grizzly on the Denali Tundra Wilderness Tour. 

PXL_20230610_184742661.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 2:18 PM, awinte2 said:

Try to keep it brief.  Loved the ship (other than the tacky shower curtain) . Hollywood Conservatory was great.  Pool was heated.  Great viewing but always busy.

Ate in dining room every night.  Only couple of nights was it just ok. The rest of time loved it. Had same waiters and table for  14 days. The service was impeccable. If there is something you would like instead of what is on the menu just ask and they will accommodate if they can.

Did lots of excursions. Seen lots of whales, otters, seals, eagles but we did not see any bears.  Did the 6.5 hours wildlife/glacier excusion in Anchorage/Whittier and it was great. .

Only down side of whole cruise there was a lot of colds, coughing,  .  Elevators were packed at busy times. Very few wearing masks. People we talked to after cruise some got covid some just a virus some bronchical.  Our cruise was sold out and being 14 days bound to catch something which we did on the last day.

Our first cruise to Alaska was 7 days straight up 20 years ago and wanted to do it again and glad we did.  Just a work of advice people looking to go to Alaska.  Glacier Bay and College Fiord are a must see.  Only doing the inside passage is ok but just not the same.

Thanks for being upfront about the sickness what I wanted to know but not looking forward to that.  

1 hour ago, MILLERVILE said:

Thanks for being upfront about the sickness what I wanted to know but not looking forward to that.  

Well to be fair i was on crown in alaska for 21 days late may til mid june...heard very little coughing and i never got sick and don't think many did that i was aware of....maybe luck of the draw as i have sure gotten lots of colds over the years on various cruises.

11 hours ago, dockman said:

Well to be fair i was on crown in alaska for 21 days late may til mid june...heard very little coughing and i never got sick and don't think many did that i was aware of....maybe luck of the draw as i have sure gotten lots of colds over the years on various cruises.

Thank I have been on 20 cruises without getting sick our last one in September we did all come home sick. We are going to have a good time on this trip and hopefully we will are stay health.

21 hours ago, MILLERVILE said:

Thank I have been on 20 cruises without getting sick our last one in September we did all come home sick. We are going to have a good time on this trip and hopefully we will are stay health.

I got sick only once on a cruise. I was standing on a crowded deck watching the scenery when a fellow passenger turned his head away from his wife to cough--directly in my face. I said to my partner, "If I get sick in a few days, we'll know how it happened."  And sure enough, I did.  (This was pre-COVID, so I didn't freak out.)