Transatlantics. East to west or west to east.

Harters

I can only comment on the spring transatlantic that prompted this thread. I am sure that we made the right decision to go west to east. It meant we had a full day in Miami to recover from the long flight. And it meant we disembarked in Rome with only an hour's time difference from home - so very nicely relaxed and no jet lag. I would urge anyone not ignore these considerations, which would suggest a reverse direction for North Americans.

As for the weather, it was generally fine. Except for a couple or so days in mid-Atlantic when it was chilly and rainy. And, even so, we sat out (under cover) on one of the rainy days - but  were one of the very few doing so (but, hey, we're from the UK, so live with drab weather). My recollection is that there was really only one day with fairly rough seas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Avoid the Bay of Biscay...

We're doing Vista's Bay of Biscay cruise next year. It will be our third attempt to sail this route - previous two occasions fell by the wayside due to health issues. Fingers crossed.................

I don't think there are many (any?) O transatlantic cruises that visit the Bay.